8 week appointment help!

JMO2

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
We have our 8 weeks appointment with the dr in a couple of days. A little excited, but mostly nervous because we had a scare about a week and a half ago, I started bleeding while at work, called and talked with the on call dr and she recommended we go to we to get an ultra sound. Everything ended up ok, the bleeding has been stopped for about 5-6 days now, and when we got the results of the blood test they did and the ultra sound, they said the baby's heartbeat was 159 and my hormone levels were looking good. I've been really careful at work about lifting things, and I've been resting at home when I can. So, all and all, excited about our appointment, but very nervous too. Hopefully the baby is ok and all is well. I've been feeling ok, here and there my boobs hurt, and I've been slightly nauseous a few times, knock on wood, it stays that way. My main complaint is im hungry all the time! But not hungry where when you eat you feel better, but a hungry sick feeling all day. Almost like I haven't eaten all day and feel a little woozy and like I could maybe start to get faint. Idk if that's normal, or happening to anyone else. But I geuss I'll take that over throwing up.
Anyways, sorry for the long rant. My real reason for this post is to see if Any of you have any idea for questions for the dr at our appointment. Not quite sure what to ask. Lol.

Thanks for reading and any help!!

😀

Most of my questions involved double checking my medicines and supplements to make sure they were safe for the baby, asking about what was a safe level of exercise, double checking information I'd read online about what to eat/not eat, if the little bit of bleeding I'd had during sex was normal... basically all the things I worry about and google all day :winkwink: Since you've had some bleeding, I would definitely follow up with that again to see if there is an explanation as to why- my guess is probably not, that some women just have a bit of bleeding and go on to have perfectly normal pregnancies. But there may be a simple explanation that can help put your mind at ease! I would also ask if there are any suggestions for treating the nausea- my doctor had some suggestions at my last appt (B6/unisom) and I have a friend who was actually prescribed medication for hers.

You described my symptoms perfectly- hungry and nauseous at the same time. I joke that one of the babies is starving and the other doesn't want anything to eat, and they are never on the same schedule! I'm not throwing up which is awesome but I do feel like I have a hangover 24/7.

Best of luck at your appt, hope everything goes well! :hugs:

Your post could be mine! My appointment is tomorrow, I had a scan at 6+5 due to bleeding and everything was ok. I don't really have any questions either,I think they go through your history, do blood tests, they don't actually check the baby (which I think is kinda odd). My only question is about weight gain, I don't want to gain to much to quickly, but I think is mostly about her asking toy questions. Good luck.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->