8 week first appt??

Nadia84

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I found out I was pregnant about a week and a half ago and so I immediately called to make an appt with an OB and they told me I have to be at 8 weeks to see the doc. Now I'm 6 weeks and 5 days and I feel like maybe I was misinformed.... has anyone else had to wait for soo long??

In the UK its normal to wait til about 8/9 weeks to see the midwife, some people however do get in before that time x

I think if you're that far along already, they'll wait til the 8th week.

I had an early scan 4w4d but because I was having pinches/pains in my left ovary and they were afraid it was ectopic. I didn't see anyone again until I was 8 weeks.

I'm in the states too.

I did the same thing... I found out about a week and a half ago and my first appointment is at 8 weeks - and only for family history and questions. I don't get an actual exam until 12 weeks!! Shock and disappointment :( Time is crawling for me. I'm in the US, I don't know where you are located? I found out at 4 weeks, so I have a good 8 more weeks to go until an exam and doppler/ultrasound :(

im here in the US. I live in Ga. I get the full exam at 8 weeks but it does feel like forever. 12 weeks is a looong time but the time will pass. I think we're all just so excited and anxious.

I'm in the US; my first exam/ultrasound was at 9 weeks.

My first appointment was scheduled for 8 weeks....I ended up having to reschedule for 10 weeks but that was my fault

We are in Germany (from America husband is in Army and we are stationed here). The US army hospital told me after 13 weeks! But im seeing a German doctor anyways and I got my first ultrasound at 6 weeks. Then at 7 weeks another one to see and hear the heartbeat! It was amazing! Im sure if you called around someone would see you a tad sooner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"