8 week injections

blondey

Reaction score
Afternoon ladies.

Ava-Mae has her first lot if inoculations tomorrow :(. Does anyone have any advice/tips, just in general or on what to expect? Should I have some calpol ready?!

XX

My LO was super grizzly after his jabs, and would occassionally cry from pain over the next 48 hours but would settle down again after some calpol and a cuddle so I's definitely recommend getting some :)

Fran cried immediately after (naturally) but I had her bottle ready and waiting and after a few sips she calmed down and went to sleep. She slept lots and was rather grisly, even waking at one point and crying for about 10-15mins (which is extremely unusual for her) sounding very distressed before going back to sleep.

She didn't have any raise in temperature or any other symptoms and as she was sleeping I didn't feel the need to give her any calpol. She was back to her normal self the next day and has been fine since.

The nurse told me some mums give their LO's calpol before going in, some straight after and there isn't any right or wrong, so just go with what you feel is best xx

you should get some prescribed hun, dont worry too much, im against injections but naomie has had hers and leyla has had all except mmr and both have been fine, there are some horror stories but most babies are fine so dont panic too much x

I'd have some Calpol ready just in case but you might not need it, my lo didn't. She cried at the time of course but her dummy and a cuddle calmed her down pretty quickly and she was fine by the time we left the surgery, she just slept a little more than normal that day. She was grizzly for most of the day after her second lot of jabs and ok again after her third lot so you never can tell.

I would def get some calpol just in case.

Leo screamed when he got them, but within 5 mins was fast asleep.

I gave him a half dose of calpol just before his injections, which the nurse said I shouldn't have......oops! Didn't do him any harm tho!

He was def a bit more sleepy than usual, in fact that night was the best night sleep i've had with him in ages! ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->