8 week scan dates

Aphy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how do they determine when to schedule your first scan? I think it’s usually at 8 weeks but do they use the first day of your last period or is it assumed ovulation date? If my last period was 25 July, would scan be scheduled roughly around 19 Sept? I am only about 13dpo today and next AF would have been due probably tomorrow

I don't know if there's a hard and fast rule everywhere in the world, but in Australia they don't really want to scan you unless you are at least 6 weeks (from your last period) because before then there's no guarantee of seeing a heartbeat.

For your dating scan at 12 weeks they give you an appointment based off your last period which you will talk about with your midwife at your appointment

I was told to do another test next week and if it is still positive then to call and make an appointment to see him

I think it depends where you live also :)

Last edited:
Where I live they just go off LMP whey they set up the 8 week. Then at that appointment they measure the baby and as long as dates are within a couple of days of lmp they keep the original date. Otherwise they change it to what the baby measured. At least this is how my OB does it. Could be different with each place you go honestly.

Here In the UK ure first scan which is called the dating scan is at around 12 to 14 weeks and that is the scan that gives u ure date here and the one they stick with.
Edd with lmp is a bit of a guess. It all depends on when u ovulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->