8 Weeks no heart beat

Esther87

Reaction score
Hello,
I had my first ultrasound yesterday (tv) and baby was measuring small (7w3d) and not heartbeat was detected. I’m super nervous but trying to be positive. It doesn’t make sense to me as I’m gaining weight and I just started to show a couple days ago. I’m thinking that the measuring small would be from counting from the first day of my period which was a forced birth control one. I wouldn’t have been able to conceive for 5 days past. Dr ordered a second ultrasound tomorrow night. Praying for a healthy baby at the second ultrasound. Any positive outcomes from others in similar situations?

:hugs: good luck honey. They always measure things from LMP and won't take into consideration those 5 days, and it's common to not hear a heartbeat till 7 weeks, so I have all things crossed it will be there when you go in again :hugs:.

I agree that if you’re using LMP, especially after coming off bcp, that your ovulation day is so unpredictable that it can def explain why baby is measuring a few days behind what you expect from LMP. Hopefully you hear the hb tomorrow. I’ll be honest, I’ve always had hbs as early as 5w2 and never later than early 6w. Was your ultrasound abdominal or transvag? Abdominal would be less accurate and harder to see/hear/measure heartbeat. FXed the ultrasound tomorrow little bean has a hb

I agree that if you’re using LMP, especially after coming off bcp, that your ovulation day is so unpredictable that it can def explain why baby is measuring a few days behind what you expect from LMP. Hopefully you hear the hb tomorrow. I’ll be honest, I’ve always had hbs as early as 5w2 and never later than early 6w. Was your ultrasound abdominal or transvag? Abdominal would be less accurate and harder to see/hear/measure heartbeat. FXed the ultrasound tomorrow little bean has a hb
It was transvag but it was the dr and not the technician, so she wants a second opinion. I have no cramping and no spotting.

It was transvag but it was the dr and not the technician, so she wants a second opinion. I have no cramping and no spotting.
:hugs: I have everything crossed you get the best outcome

I hope you get good news at your next scan. Fingers crossed.

Definitely praying for the best. Hopefully the tech has the magic touch

Not good news yesterday. It just confirmed the missed miscarriage. I’m waiting two weeks to see if it will happen on it’s own. Dr wants us to wait until my first period afterwards to start trying again. This is sooo hard. I’ve already cried a bucket of tears.

Not good news yesterday. It just confirmed the missed miscarriage. I’m waiting two weeks to see if it will happen on it’s own. Dr wants us to wait until my first period afterwards to start trying again. This is sooo hard. I’ve already cried a bucket of tears.
I'm so sorry :hugs: :cry:

I'm so sorry :hugs:

Oh no Im so sorry.. Will they do another scan in a week or so :hugs:

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my baby last November to a mmc. We found out at our 12 week scan that baby had passed away at 8 weeks. It’s just heartbreaking to go through and I’m so sorry it’s happening to you. Sending gentle hugs your way sweetheart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->