8 weeks, pink when I wipe. please help. Updated :(

Jchihuahua

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
I am 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my fourth child. I have been worried throughout as my symptoms are a lot less than in my previous pregnancies. yesterday, the day my next period would have been due I had a little bit of brown discharge when I wiped. In the night and this morning it is brownish pink when I wipe, only a small amount. I feel a bit like my peiod is about to come on. Has anyone had this and it has all been okay? I am going to the EPU when it opens. What will they do?

Hi there.

I just had a pink discharge when I wiped yesterday. But it was only once and it stopped.
I called ER and they told me to come in only if there is more. So I didnt.

In your case, I think go and have it checked.
Especially if the discharge continues.

EPU can't scan me until Wednesday. I have to rest today and monitor pain/blood loss. If it gets worse I have to go to A&E. So worried. I have been worrying already as in my last three pregnancies I had bad morning sickness and very sore boobs but this time all I have had has been a bloated tummy, tired and being very hungry. Wednesday seems like such a long time to have to wait.

It's so unfair in the US they often manage to be scanned right away. You are right Wednesday will feel like a lifetime away. If it helps reassure you though, in my three pregnancies I had no sickness, no nausea, no swollen boobs, no tiredness. Really nothing at all except hunger and bloated!! Where as just in this one 4th pregnancy I have all the symptoms. Symptoms mean nothing. Have you had an previous early scans in this pregnancy? If the blood isn't red and flowing and you aren't in a lot of pain I think it's a very good sign. Lots of love xx

are you taking any medicine to support your pregnancy ? like aspirin, folic acid and cyclogest ? i had 3MS before getting preg again. If its brown and you have sharp pain as well better call your obbs. dont wat to discourage youbut better safe than sorry.

PS:cyclogest really helps

Hi Hun and congratulations, I remember u from back in the day xx

I've read it's quite common the get af signs and symptoms each month as af would of been due, hopefully it's just down to that. I hope Wednesday comes quickly xx

Thanks everyone. So nice to see you in here Jox. Congratulations xx. It was more red than brown when I wiped just before so I am even more worried now. I still have that feeling that I get pre-AF and it seems strange that my period would have been due yesterday when the spotting started. I definitely didn't have any of this with my other kids though.

Hi
I just wanted to say (which probably isn't helpful at all) that there is no way of knowing until you have a scan.
I have had this twice on successful pregnancies and twice on ones that I miscarried. Fingers crossed that it's good news for you.

Don't worry too much about symptoms (easier said than done). I am currently symptomless and trying not to worry, but I do know quite a few people that haven't had symptoms and went on to have successful pregnancies.

If you're anything like me, you won't rest until you've got your baby in your arms! I really hope it all goes well for you.

I'm glad u have a scan booked to check everything, just 2 sleeps Hun. Is it still there? Xx

Yes, just the same. Slight pre-AF type cramps and red tinged discharge. It isn't making a mark on my underwear, only when I wipe. I was absolutely fine this time yesterday. I'd had no spotting whatsoever.

I hope everything is ok for you! Just wanted to say that I had BLOOD tinged mucous (bright red) at 6 weeks on the dot once, then it went to pink spotting that lasted a while. Had a scan at 6+2 and baby had a heartbeat, growth right on track. Blood/spotting can happen for sooo many reasons - doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. Fingers crossed your little baby is a-ok. Thinking of you <3 Update us soon.

I had stronger cramps in the night and brown blood on a pad when I woke up. It is pink and watery again this morning. Not feeling too positive :(.

Really hoping for the best, what time is scan tomorrow Hun? Hugs xxx

Thanks hun xx. It is at 1:30. I'm bleeding red, not heavy but with some clotting now though :(.

Oh Hun, I really hope it isn't bad news :-( I hope ur scan comes round quickly xx

Oh no :( let's hope for the best I know it doesn't look good but I have heard of so many women where it looked as though there was no hope but it ended up being ok xxxxx

Brown discharge means old blood....i am 8 weeks pregnant n i had brown/reddish discharge...but its simply just old blood that was there ready for ur next period which never came.....worry about pink or bright red blood thats new blood n definetly needs to get medical attention....good luck!!

It was bad news ladies :(. Pain got a lot worse, bleeding got heavier and redder and I started passing lots of clots. The abdominal scan showed nothing at all, an empty womb. They then did the internal scan and that showed a lot of 'stuff' really low down. They were really confused and it was ages before a nurse came to tell me what was going on after the scan. It is either that I am half way through a miscarriage or that I am having an ectopic pregnancy. My preg test was still a strong positive. They took bloods to test my hormone level and will repeat this on Friday before deciding what will happen next. Either way, very, very sad news. My poor little baby :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->