8w Scan- 1-2 weeks behind

Linzalora

Reaction score
I need to vent. First of all, I know so many of you ladies have to wait until 12 weeks to get a scan. I want you to know that I am grateful for my opportunity to have an early scan to look at my bean, even if it's causing me heartache right now.

I'm 8w4d min- 9w max and had a scan today. The doc says I'm measuring at 7w3d, and since that's not possible, my little bean must not be growing fast enough. We saw and heard the heartbeat, but the doc didn't tell me what the rate was. I can't calculate my miscarriage chances at this point.

I'm all upset because I was 1-2 weeks behind on my last scan that ended in a miscarriage, but DH is just so thrilled there was a heartbeat. He's certain that everything is great, but he's ever the optimist. Being the realist, I know that a heartbeat doesn't guarantee anything. When I was crying to hubby, DH was really irritated with me for being negative and told me that my attitude was important and if this was going to be a successful pregnant, it's imperative that I think positively and be happy.

I'm living in a foreign country by myself, and I don't want to tell people here about this pregnancy until I'm fairly confident that it's a keeper. But it is so darn hard to go through this without any support.

I included the picture, although it looks like nothing. I put a heart on the bean so it's kinda easier to see. :cry: I just want to crawl into bed, cry my eyes out, and sleep for the next two weeks.

End rant. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Attachments

• Linzalora 8w4d.jpg
    Linzalora 8w4d.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 38
Your baby looks just fine!

Don't worry about 1 week difference - you might have ovulated later.
As long as there is a good heartbeat - all is ok for now.

You can't worry about what might happen. I know it's hard - I'm a worrier myself. But what I tell myself - I'm so happy I'm pregnant, so I'm just going to enjoy every day of this pregnancy!

Big hugs!

Hi everything looks good from the scan I got put back 1 week and then at my 12 weeks scan 2 days forward .. though out other scans I was told the same dates and then 1 day behind and then 12 weeks scan was plus 2 so it's all been different and they say they are small so it's hard to get real Goof dates early on 12 weeks is the best :) hope you feel better today and hold on in there xxx

Please try and not upset yourself :( xxx you must be so worried because of your previous loss but a week either side is so normal! I honestly could have sworn it wasn't possible that I was a week further on than I am ! These early scans are also such a rough guide of gestation at this stage ... my midwife told me they won't go by early scans only the 12 week dating scan ... I know that's not much comfort right now but please use us all for support !! Lots of love xxx

Try not to worry yourself too much! Beans are so small at that stage the tinest of measurements can make such a huge difference.

I know exactly when I ovulated & am measuring ahead by 5 days so I don't think there is an exact science behind growth in those early weeks.

How long until your next scan?

Thank you, ladies. I feel better now hearing your experiences. The doc just made it sound so serious and really jabbed me with the u/s because initially he couldn't find the bean- it's apparently really tucked away in there. He wants to see me again in two weeks.

They told me at my scan that ultrasounds are accurate within four days (I know mine is four days out from what they told me, it would have been impossible otherwise!). So if you ovulated just three days later than you thought that would be fine. Mine was a 12 week scan, I'm sure they're even less accurate at 8.5 weeks. I'm sure all is ok

I know how you feel as I had scans at 7 weeks (measured 6) and 7+4 (measured 6+3). I was freaking out after my mmc in the summer and read lots of good and bad stories on line. The sonograper striped to reassure me that seeing a heartbeat was great and that it's easy to measure a bit out early on. If their scans were correct though it would have meant a bfp at 2 dpo. I was also pretty sure of ovulation as I used opks. After worrying myself stupid I booked a private scan for a week and a bit later at 8+6 and baby measured exactly on track so totally caught up. By my next scan at 13+4 baby measured a day ahead. I posted a thread about it at the time which you could look back and read.

I hope everything is ok for you, maybe you could do the same and book a scan for next week? X

Feeling better today. Really appreciate all your kind words and reassurances.

DH delivered a bouquet of flowers for valentines day through the help of a friend here in Malaysia. That made me feel really special.

Today was my due date from my first pregnancy, too, so I'm a bit raw right now.

I'm so thankful for this little bean and remembering the sound of that sweet heartbeat calms me down.

We've decided to tell family tomorrow for Valentine's Day. It's early-ish, and we're a week behind, but DH feels that it would be good to have more people in the know to support me and check in on me.

Happy Valentine's Day! :flower: This is the announcement to our family.

Attachments

• Copy of Happy Valentine's Day.jpg
    Copy of Happy Valentine's Day.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 21
Super cute announcement, and remember you cant really count the first 14ish days from LMP because untill then you havent even ovulated so your probably measuring just perfect :) all the best :):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->