9 faint positive tests w/4 days light bleeding--pregnant or not?

ohio-mom-of-2

Reaction score
I am going nuts. I've had nine pregnancy tests with a very faint, thin line. The "positive" line was very faint and thin but came up within two or three minutes. I could *barely* see these lines but yet did see them and they were blue (NOT colorless) so I don't think it was an evaporation line.

I've also had some negative ones. The positive (faint line) ones have all been Drug Mart or Dollar General tests. The negative tests were Dollar Tree, Walmart (Equate), First Response, and Clear Blue Digital. I've been doing these for about 9 days (off and on). But I've had six of the faint positives (from Drug Mart, 2 from Dollar General) and two negatives (from Dollar Tree) within the last 2 1/2 days. I don't understand why some have such a faint (and thin) positive line and others are negative.

I've also had very light bleeding the last four days (Oct. 1 - today.) My period should have started back on Sept. 5. I've had every pregnancy symptom imaginable (even before I got these test results).

I don't know if I am just having a hard time accepting this as positive because I am afraid of getting my hopes up (I am) or because of the baby I lost five years ago. (That has changed the way I feel/think...anyone who has lost a baby may understand.)

Anyway, have any of you had a faint, thin line on a pregnancy test? If so, did you turn out to be pregnant?

Hey hun you should have got your period a month ago? still has shown up?
except light bleeding? hmm the faint or sometimes negative lines from different
tests could just mean that they are different sensitivity. I might suggest
going to see your doctor for a blood test?
Sorry about your angel hun :hugs:

Thanks! I was thinking of trying some more hpt's before going to the dr. Just not sure what to do. I've been doing some reading online (just the past few days) about this and read that the blood pregnancy test isn't really as sensitive as the urine test? (I think that's what it said.) But that it is better at measuring how far along you are? So...I'm afraid of getting a negative blood test if I go too early. And...I'm just going to be really disappointed if I do.

I've thought of just waiting to see whether I have a period next month. I'm not *completely* convinced by these very, very faint lines on the pregnancy tests (or by ALL the pregnancy symptoms I've been having :wacko:).

hey hun blood test will tell you way more than a pee test will if you get the one
that tells you the numbers not just yes or no. i hope that made sence haha. :dust: to you hun!

Go to your doctor and ask for a blood test, it will give you a real answer.

So sorry about your angel, and that you are going through this worrying time.

Best of luck to you! :hugs::hugs:

We have also been ttc and i have honestly felt pregnant for the past 2 weeks already. sore bb's on and off, nausea, extreme exhaustion and twinges in my tummy. I got a faint positive on first response hpt this a.m. but have now also started bleeding. Not heavy, but more red than brown.... I really want to be pregnant so badly, any advice?

We have also been ttc and i have honestly felt pregnant for the past 2 weeks already. sore bb's on and off, nausea, extreme exhaustion and twinges in my tummy. I got a faint positive on first response hpt this a.m. but have now also started bleeding. Not heavy, but more red than brown.... I really want to be pregnant so badly, any advice?

If I for sure got a faint postitive on a FRER, I'd assume I was pregnant! I'd be calling my OB for an appointment!

But...what kind of test was it....First Response Early Result? (with the pink dye)? If so...I'd assume I was preggers!

I've had lots of faint positives on blue dye tests (Equate, etc.) but negatives on all the pink dye ones so I don't know what to think. I'm thinking either I was never really preggo or maybe had an early m/c. But don't know.

Instead of my period this past week, I've just had light pink on the t.p. I keep thinking I should make an appt. to see what's going on. I think the reason I haven't is I don't want any more dissappointment. Still...I think I should probably try to get motivated and make one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->