9 month old wants to feed constantly

Kanichen34

Reaction score
Looking for some advice, my 9 month old has started feeding constantly - she will literally reach in and pull my boobs out of my top and cry if I won't let her nurse. I'm hoping this is just a phase but I'm confused as to what has triggered it? She's always been a quick feeder, and suddenly she'll latch for 20 minutes minimum and I'm not convinced there isn't a lot of comfort feeding going on. Only change is that daddy has been away alot the last few weeks with a new job.

Tonight for bedtime we were reading a story and she suddenly started reaching down my top, she nurses to sleep so I needed to get her in her pyjamas and bum changed first. She went nuts. Took me 4 times as long and she was a complete state by the time I got her to the boob - pulling her hair etc. She hasn't acted like that since she was tiny!!

Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on?!

Oh and to further confuse the issue if we are out for the day and she's busy she can go all day without asking for a feed?!

Could be that her dad is away. My LO used to nurse more when my DH was out of town and her sleep always went to shit, too. She's better now, but when she was younger I don't think she necessarily understood that dad was coming back and that I wasn't going to leave her too!

I'd say ride it out for a while, if it's sudden then it's probably a comfort thing. I didn't really set nursing boundaries until after my LO was 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->