9 months - do you always give morning bottle before breakfast?

Gingerspice

Reaction score
My LO won't really eat breakfast, which isn't a problem as I know its important for them to drink milk still at this age.
However the past week or so they are refusing their morning bottle, but then happy to eat breakfast. i'm giving them porridge so that has milk in, so would yu just drop the morning bottle and feed them breakfast?

What times do people do bottle and breakfast?

we do, we give bottle at 8am and breakfast around 9-9.15am

Amy's coming up to 10 months, I usually give her a bottle when she gets up - usually about 6:30/7. I then give her breakfast at around 9. how much milk is your lo taking in the other bottles throughout the day? xx

I give Sophie 5oz of milk when she gets up, and then she has brekkie about an hour later.
I'm not sure about dropping the bottle-I suppose it depends on how much milk your LO is having the rest of the day, to make sure they are still getting the right amount?

Yea, Harrison has his bottle when he wakes and a bowl of porridge or some weetabix an hour or so later.
xx

no i give breakfast first so that he knows to eat food when he is hungry....then he has mid morning milk....seems to work x

no i give breakfast first so that he knows to eat food when he is hungry....then he has mid morning milk....seems to work x

Same here. Breakfast then top up with bottle after. Nate still has about 30+ oz's a day though. He's just 7 months old though.

Lily has her bottle about 7 then breakfast at about 8.30.

My lo doesnt get up till about 8 and is never hungry when he first gets up, so he has his breakfast at about 8.30/9 and then he has his bottle about half an hour after that. I make a 7oz bottle which i use to make his brekkie and then give him the rest of that after. He also has a 4oz bottle at about 1.30 and a 7oz bottle before bed. I gave him yoghurts and cheese to top up his dairy and use milk when making a lot of his food x

It depends. If she's slept through and is whingy then I give her a bottle first and then some toast. If she's not whingy then I give breakfast first and then a bottle before her first nap.

Bottle first as he's normally really grumpy when he wakes up and wants bottle straight away. Some days it's very difficult to get food into him. At least if he's had his milk!
I'd never even thought to give him breakfast first :) xxx

i give breakfast first so that she is getting to know that its food that takes away the hunger not milk.
and if she has a bottle first then she wont usually eat

S starts stirring at 6am so I give him a bottle of milk to settle him again. Then, breakfast at 9am. Seems to work well with him, and gives me the chance to have a little lie in as he nods back to sleep after his nappy change and milk.

Omar stopped taking a morning bottle since he was 8 months. He used to eat breakfast & takes his 1st bottle after 2 hrs before his naptime. xx

I breastfeed, but same idea, so yes. Always before offering him solids. Breastmilk/formula will be his main source of nutrition until he's one, so I don't want him to fill up on solids.

I breastfeed when he gets up around 6:30-7 then he has breakfast at 8:30

bottle at 6am (7oz) then breakfast at 9am but tbh they would have as many bottles/breakfasts as you give them (love their food) so not really helpful to you but didnt want to r+r xx

I give Madeline a bottle first as I struggle to get milk down her these days, so I want her to get as much of that while she is hungry. She has breakfast half hour later.

Vicky - that picture of the twins is awesome!

I can't really get LO to take much milk at all. I'm lucky to get 12oz of milk down them, through the day, so they get a lot of cheese and yoghurts (plus milk on cereal) to try to up it. They're not particularly keen on solids either mind, so all in all its hard work to get much down them at all.
Having chatted to HV about it they are not much help. Some suggest trying to cut out the day bottles (which we tried) but then they still don't drink more than 4oz at bedtime, and so really the only alternative is to consider altering the breakfast bottle. (not that they often drink it at breakfast time anyway, as they often wake at 6am so I try to resettle them with a bottle - mind they through it all back up this morning so obviouslu didn't need it)
They wake a tonne of times through the night - they've never slept through, although they rarely want milk so they just wake out of habit/comfort.

I really am at a loss with what to do with LO, all in all, they don't sleep, never have and they don't eat as much as they *should*. They are petite but they're in proportion and I can't force more down as they just throw up excess very easily - so this gets very messy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->