9dpo and so confused! please help. *pics*

Sonnenshein_

instagram-elevenjuneseven
Reaction score
Having had two babies you'd have thought I wouldn't ask the questions about symptoms but it's like it's totally new to me! I'm actually on the contraceptive pill Microgynon. I hate it with a passion but it's my only choice. I had a m/c in April this year and it was a really tough time. DH said up until a week ago he didn't want anymore children. We have a 2 year old and an almost 1 year old - but I on the other hand wanted 4 children.

Here's the catch. I got really sick at the end of my last pack of pills, I'm assuming what was a really bad 24 hour bug or something, and then (so TMI I'm so sorry) I was running to the loo a lot for 3 days after that. Figures my pill definitely wouldn't have worked for that week, and then I had the 7 day break, so I think (I'm not very experienced with the pill) that I'd have needed 7 days back on the pill before I was protected again since it got messed up. DH was well aware, but he didn't want to take any extra precautions and.. things happened. We've talked and he's said how he does want more children, so now I'm all excited and I'm that POAS crazy lady that everyone hates and wishes they'd just be patient and wait :blush:

I don't know whether it's possible I could be pregnant, what the pill might affect fertility wise, when I ovulated... but as with my last three, I just have that pregnant feeling. I'm extremely touchy, I'm exhausted to the point I've neglected so much university coursework, I can't stop peeing, my appetite is all over the place, I have AM sickness which is helped by an antisickness pill so it's not a bug or upset, and the biggest pointer is that walking around the supermarket two days ago I wanted to burst out crying I was so overwhelmed with emotion all of a sudden... and that happened so much when I was pregnant before :haha: how strange.

AF is due on the 31st of this month, and I think I would be around 9/10dpo but my cycles aren't consistent. The last 4 have been 24, 25, 25 and 27. So I don't really know how to calculate my ovulation. I know it's too early to test anyway, but with my first I got a positive 10 days before AF was even due so I just can't resist the temptation.

https://i62.tinypic.com/2m76ot0.jpg
Taken about 1pm today. I took one last night which I was sure I saw a v. faint line on, and on the FRER I feel like I CAN see something just faint, and tilting my laptop screen back made me feel sure of being able to see a second line. I'm probably going nuts... and I'm going to leave it as long as physically possible to do another now. I just really wanted some opinions. I'm also nervous about if I am pregnant and continuing the pill, I don't know if it would have any affects, or? any advice is wonderful! sorry for droning on! :blush:

When you are on the 7 day break is that landing on that time your af shows up? Chances while on the pill are extremely slim to get pregnant unless you are taking them completely incorrectly. The week off is supposed to happen at time of af and then back on during the rest of the cycle. By the time you take your first pill after the week off you are covered as you wouldnt be fertile for roughly another week week and a half after af started.

When you are on the 7 day break is that landing on that time your af shows up? Chances while on the pill are extremely slim to get pregnant unless you are taking them completely incorrectly. The week off is supposed to happen at time of af and then back on during the rest of the cycle. By the time you take your first pill after the week off you are covered as you wouldnt be fertile for roughly another week week and a half after af started.

About two days after going onto the sugar pills AF arrives, but the reason I wonder if I'm pregnant is because as well as the 7 day break, I had the week before that where the pills weren't working because of severe sickness. So I actually had two weeks off, which means I wouldn't have been covered by the pill when I went back onto it ater the 7 day break, for another 7 days. It's all so confusing! I hate the pill with a passion :shrug:

Im not sure if being really sick would cause the pill not to work. But as for not being covered for that following 7 days it would have to depend on if the pills truely didnt work during the week you were sick. Ive actually never heard of the pill not working if you are sick. I was on the pill years ago. Also it depends on when your body would ovulate. But there is always a chance you could be. I would wait it out and see if the line gets darker within a few days. If it does then its for sure you are.

Im not sure if being really sick would cause the pill not to work. But as for not being covered for that following 7 days it would have to depend on if the pills truely didnt work during the week you were sick. Ive actually never heard of the pill not working if you are sick. I was on the pill years ago. Also it depends on when your body would ovulate. But there is always a chance you could be. I would wait it out and see if the line gets darker within a few days. If it does then its for sure you are.

Yeah, vomiting and diarrhoea means you should take extra precautions as the pill wont be working. I definitely think that's the best bet, just see if gets darker. Like many others I'm just so impatient, it's all a bit exciting really isnt it! thank you so much for your advice hun x

Yeah, vomiting and diarrhoea means you should take extra precautions as the pill wont be working. I definitely think that's the best bet, just see if gets darker. Like many others I'm just so impatient, it's all a bit exciting really isnt it! thank you so much for your advice hun x

I have heard this as well. When you have loose bowels your intestines don't absorb as much as they should so you should be careful. And I think with the barfing it's a no brainer, especially if it happens close to the time you took your pill. Wishing you well, I'm sorry I have no advice to give! :hugs:

I have heard this as well. When you have loose bowels your intestines don't absorb as much as they should so you should be careful. And I think with the barfing it's a no brainer, especially if it happens close to the time you took your pill. Wishing you well, I'm sorry I have no advice to give! :hugs:

Thank you so much :hugs:

I just wanted to add my mother got pregnant on the pill and I do know from working in an obgyn office no birth control works if you take an antibiotic we had someone get pregnant on depo proverb shot because she got sick and took antibiotics it's few a far between but it can happen

I just wanted to add my mother got pregnant on the pill and I do know from working in an obgyn office no birth control works if you take an antibiotic we had someone get pregnant on depo proverb shot because she got sick and took antibiotics it's few a far between but it can happen

I didn't take antibiotics, but I had really bad D&V (sorry!) :blush: for about 5 days. I've just had a lot of the same symptoms as my last three pregnancies which is why I started to wonder... it's probably reeeeally unlikely.

https://i62.tinypic.com/2njc7pj.jpg
I think it's just shadow... I don't see anything as clear as that on the test now, it's been about thirty minutes now. This one literally made me cry, got my hopes up but I'm sure it's just shadow. Plus the little IC don't show anything obvious.

https://i57.tinypic.com/2n19opc.jpg

Ugh. AF is due anytime nw, I'm sure I'll be meeting her v/ soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->