9Months & still wont eat lumps!! Stressed Mummy

fatponies

Reaction score
Hi Girls.

Would really appreciate some advice if you can help?? :shrug:

My 9Month old Munchkin still isn't taking to Lumps/mashed food :nope:

Ive tried all the types of Jars (some makes are Lumpier than others..)
Blending our own foods. The Lumps in the food makes him gag So much that he ends up Bring up his whole bottle he's has before hand.
Tried giving him a bottle after food( thinking if hes really hungry, he will eat the food)... either way he still wont take it.

He LOVES his Finger foods, Crisps, Baby biscuits, Fruit, bread, Watching him with huge bits in his mouth he eventually swallows without batting an eye.

I just don't understand its just the meals he cant get his head around.
He gets So upset, and its horrible :(

People keep telling me "he's behind!" Which REALLLLLY P***ES me off...

Im worried for meal times, he's not getting enough. He has a jar of the 4+ Months Dinners, with a Yogurt after. Always finishes both + a Bottle (which he doesn't finish)
get him weighed and they say he's perfect weight...!

We have tried him on this food since 6months.. every week or so we give it another go, we are very patient with him, really reward him and encourage him when he takes a bit, I eat it too, to show him its good!! :kiss: lol

Am i fighting a losing battle?

mmmmmeh... Am i worrying over nothing?:wacko:
Someone put my mind at ease! PLEASE xxx

If he likes finger food could you just offer him cooked pieces of meat, veg, pasta?

Great Idea....! WHY did i not think of this??
Will give it a go :)

Thank you x

I think i will have to start offering more finger foods as LO is starting to really hate mashed textures. He has started refusing his porridge but will happily eat a piece of toast and lunch and dinner time is a complete battle to get him to eat. Might just start giving him bits of what we are eating

DD has been fairly similar recently - she was gagging on lumps in purees and getting herself into a bit of a state about it.

But strangely she is perfectly happy to eat finger foods of any kind (meat, veg, bread etc) and she'll also eat lump foods from a spoon if it is all lumpy (such as spaghetti with chopped up bits of chicken). It seems she only finds lumps a problem if they are mixed in with something smooth if you see what I mean.

So we've stopped pureeing/mashing her food and just give her what we are having, either as finger food or cut up small enough for her to manage (such as the spaghetti). She now eats everything we give her, no problem.

If something if smooth by nature then we still feed her that - such as fruit pots, yoghurts etc, but main meals are all either finger foods now or things roughly chopped up. There's no way I'd say she's behind - she munched her way through our Sunday Roast by herself at the weekend, and at 8 months I'm happy with that! I don't think that not eating lumpy purees is a big deal at all, as long as she's happy to eat other things. If I had the choice between proper food or mushy food, I'd go for the proper stuff every time!

DS #1 hated pureed food with lumps. He would eat finger foods or he would eat smooth puree's but none with lumps. For the stuff he couldn't chew well I just continued feeding him the purees as long as he would eat them instead of mashed and once he was able to chew enough he switched to straight finger foods :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->