A bit confused - low HCG

carls

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just joined this forum as I am TTC and need some advice. I recently had a missed miscarriage 2 months ago which was one of the most horrendous experiences of my life.

I have just tested positive this past Sunday, my last period was around 10th September. I had a blood test yesterday and the results today are 34. These seem to be very low :( According to my last period I should be 5 weeks today. I am having a fair bit of cramping, just like period pain. Have been nauseous on and off the past few days but nothing yesterday and today. This is such a rollercoaster ride - I just wanted to ask if this is normal and if anyone has continued with a viable pregnancy after symptoms like this :(

Thanks!

I guess so!? I'm really not sure... I don't chart ovulation or anything

Are they going to repeat the blood test a couple of days later to see how it's increasing? From what I understand about HCG it seems to be more about the doubling time than anything else :hugs:

It's possible you ovulated later than you thought and/or implanted late as well.

Good luck x

As the previous poster says it's not the number so much as the rate that it's increasing. If you ovulated a little late that could account for your low hCG. And if that's the case, then it's not all that low. With my last pregnancy, I had an hCG of 38 at 13dpo and my dr told me it was leftover from my last m/c (5 weeks prior). I knew it wasn't thanks to bfn on hpts for 3 weeks before the bfp and asked for a repeat blood test. At 17dpo, it was 236 and doubling normally but the dr started predicting miscarriage. After another blood draw and bleeding, she was still talking miscarriage so I switched doctors and got an ultrasound. That supposed miscarriage just turned 3 months and she's currently napping. So hang in there and ask for a repeat blood test. You certainly aren't out yet.

I agree with pp. If you ovulated late, even a couple days, and then implanted a couple days late, that could already put you behind 4-6 of where you originally thought you were. I wouldn't worry. Just enjoy being pregnant before you start getting sick! Lol

Aww thanks guys I feel a bit better now. Still cramping all day every day so I guess thats a positive sign. Its the only sign I have at the moment that I'm pregnant at all. Time will tell I guess! I have been sick already... but it went away a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->