A bit late, introducing my lil preemie girl.....

ShadowSeer

Mummy to Savannah.
Reaction score
:pink: Savannah Jade :pink:

Due to various heart complications with myself, including heart failure, ventricle dilation and a severe aortic regurgitation, the decision was made to deliver my lil girl by C Section at 30+5. Savannah was born on 14th July 2011, weighing 3 pounds 4 ounces.

Savannah, 2 days old. Still on ventilator.
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g330/Toniixo/SavannahJade.jpg

She spent 24 hours on a ventilator, purely because I was under a general for the op. She was then put on oxygen through a nasal cannula. She started on just 0.08 of oxygen! Minimal amounts!!!
It took her a few days to get the hang of feeding...mainly because she kept pulling out her feeding tube every time anyone went near it!

Savannah, 2 weeks old.
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g330/Toniixo/Savannah.jpg

At 2 weeks old, she was moved from Intensive Care to the High Dependency unit, where she was promptly moved from the incubator to a heated cot. Her oxygen was turned down to 0.05.
She only stayed in high dependancy for 5 days. Within 2 days was moved into a normal cot, without any heating, but a fair few blankets!

3 weeks old...
https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g330/Toniixo/Savannah3.jpg

Now at 3 weeks and 5 days old, she is in Low Dependency, on 0.02 oxygen, taking 4 feeds via bottle daily! She has had no infections, no problems.

I find it amazing how someone so small can be so strong. She has amazed everyone, including all the nurses, at how quickly she has progressed. She has gained a fair bit of weight, now weighing in at 4 pounds 5 ounces!

No word of when she will come home. The say almost certainly before her due date!

Little Savannah shows just how tough our LO's are, and how even when the odds are against them, the still fight and still win!

Thanks for reading.xxxxxxxxxx.

So glad to hear that she is doing well! She is absolutely GORGEOUS! You are right, she seems to be a little fighter. Good news that she is gaining weight and hopefully all goes well and she does get to come home before her due date! Congrats to you and your family on such a beautiful little girl!

Congratulations she is lovely. Glad she is doing well.

Hi,

She is beautiful. NICU is so scary when you first go in so well done for being strong for your little one.

Congratulations! Pleased to hear she's doing so well :D

She looks fabulous and has progressed so quickly. That is very heartening to see.
Hope you are OK too?

oooh congratulations!! She's so adorable! Yes how are you doing? Oh and welcome to the best section of bnb :)

Im doing really good thank you. Recovered pretty quick actually! No pain, no scar! And ive already lost ALL the baby weight i put on! back to 8.5 stone and size 10...

Got to have an op for my heart in October, not looking forward to that tbh, but once its done I can have more babies and hopfully get a full term baby next time!

Thank you everyone for your messages! xxxxx

Congratulations! She's precious. :flower:

What a gorgeous lil girl! She's done amazing - and you! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->