a bit stressed. Question about HCG levels..

ocdformusic

Reaction score
Hi. I hope I am posting in the right place. I am new....hellooooo

I am not exactly sure how far along I am but I had a BFP last Wednesday which would have been 13dpo for me. My last menstrual period started on June 29th. I Average around a 31/32 day cycle. I have my first gyn appt on August 18th. I went to the ER on Friday eve last week (2 days after bfp) for a massive migraine which would have put me at 15dpo (that was the most horrific headache I have had in a long time) They actually did my levels there and my HCG/beta was 193. Anyway - to the point..I have had breast tenderness/soreness since last Monday...that is what made me test actually...today its just about non existent (well it was quite sore EARLY this morning and they were full and firm too)..but then it disappeared...I have noticed that it fluctuates...so I called my gyn office to ask if that was normal and they said yes and that its my body getting used to the pregnancy, I also told the office that I did have an actual blood test..and told them..and they said it should be in the 1000's..and they seemed concerned? Granted...this was a front desk staff lady..She said she was going to talk to the doctor and see if I should come in earlier...but I am reading online that an HCG level of 193 15dpo is rather normal. I also read its about the doubling of the number... Im quite agitated right now.. I am just venting really..I have been reading other peoples hcg levels...and it can be a wide range right now. I am not bleeding/massive cramps..nothing like that :(
This would be my first pregnancy...no previous issues with my cycle. In fact I got pregnant rather quickly :wacko: my b/f and I started having unprotected sex middle of June. Anyway...again..just venting..wanted to hear back from some other women on here and their hcg levels etc. Im trying not to stress as thats obviously not good for me and the little peanut.

An edit - when I say breast tenderness started last Monday..I didn't mean this past Monday..I meant the week before that. Which is what made me test Last Wednesday July 30th Just to clarify !

I don't see any problem with an hcg of 193 at 15 dpo. Can they repeat the bloods to be sure its doubling? That's more important, one beta doesn't really tell you much. :flower:

I don't see any problem with an hcg of 193 at 15 dpo. Can they repeat the bloods to be sure its doubling? That's more important, one beta doesn't really tell you much. :flower:

Thanks for responding :)

Front desk lady was supposed to call back to tell me whether or not I need to come in earlier than my appt on the 18th for blood work...but I didn't hear back as of yet..its 6pm now. grrr. This was the same lady that said she thought ibuprofen was fine to take..I had called last week about it because I was unsure...lol..she told me she thought it was fine...but she was going to double check..came back on the phone and she wasn't correct !! lol. Shouldn't be dishing out information if you aren't a doctor. So perhaps now that I think about it...she's not very educated on some pregnancy stuff.. :shrug:
I, too thought 193 was perfectly fine at 15 dpo. You are right though of course....the doubling is what matters. My appt on the 18th seems so far away...and I am a huge worrier in general...I have ocd/anxiety...so..this is going to be a HUGE challenge for me. :)

Mine was 296 at 15dpo with twins. I don't think that number sounds low? Mine acted like it was a great high number.

This is just me, but I would stop asking the receptionist your questions!! She just is getting you more befuddled in a time when correct answers are key.

I know this sounds silly but google seems to be your friend at this point... It told me ibuprofen wasn't safe, that if in doubt, take Tylenol! It also have me an accurate table that showed approximate HCG levels during different stages of pregnancy.

Don't worry! Everything seems fine :) I'm actually quite jealous that your appointment is so soon... Mine isn't until August 25th and I'm already 8+4 days pregnant!!!

My HCG at 15dpo was only 44. 17dpo was 77, 19dpo was 162 and then 31dpo 7262 so it gives me an average doubling time of 52 hours. My dr and MW said it doesn't matter what the numbers are as long as they double or rise by at least 60% every 48 hours so yes compared to some it could appear low but it's the rising that matters

:flow:

Agree with all the others.
Congratulations! Everything sounds like it's going perfectly.
But the receptionist is an idiot. I'm not a big complainer but I'd be letting your Dr know she's giving out bad advice to potentially very anxious people.

I just want to do a quick reply and say thank you all for your wonderful responses/feedback. I have to go to work now, but just wanted to say I will reply to everyone more in detail when I get home later. I am in such a foul mood today..this is the first day where I have actually felt extremely moody..wanting to cry and just agitated for no reason. But these responses just made my day..in fact I teared up a bit..sheesh...Im a wreck today LOL. :dohh:

I have a feeling I will be frequenting these boards...what a wonderful group of people you are with so much support. :hugs:

This is just me, but I would stop asking the receptionist your questions!! She just is getting you more befuddled in a time when correct answers are key.

I know this sounds silly but google seems to be your friend at this point... It told me ibuprofen wasn't safe, that if in doubt, take Tylenol! It also have me an accurate table that showed approximate HCG levels during different stages of pregnancy.

Don't worry! Everything seems fine :) I'm actually quite jealous that your appointment is so soon... Mine isn't until August 25th and I'm already 8+4 days pregnant!!!

Thanks for responding ! Well...you see..I call..and I ask to speak to the nurse that is avail. to take any questions..and the receptionist always asks what my question is so she can relay it to the nurse..lol..but she always responds with an answer or some opinion before actually asking the nurse... :wacko: I feel much better today though..heck I didn't even get a call back from them today.

I have found out a lot of stuff on google re: pregnancy. Best things to eat and what to avoid, etc. Very essential and informative stuff.

lol...awww...WELL August 25th will be here before you know it and also CONGRATULATIONS !!! I sincerely wish you the best along with a happy and healthy and smooth pregnancy :)

Agree with all the others.
Congratulations! Everything sounds like it's going perfectly.
But the receptionist is an idiot. I'm not a big complainer but I'd be letting your Dr know she's giving out bad advice to potentially very anxious people.

ooooo..I am not one to complain either..but I agree with you...I do plan on letting my Dr now about it. Because this will be twice that she was wrong/off about information..and I didn't even ask her directly...I asked to speak to the nurse avail to answer questions...however the receptionist asks what my question is so she can relay my question..but instead of doing that right away, she gives an answer/opinion at first...at least that has been my experience the past 2 times..same person..I recognize the voice. hehe.

And thank you so much !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->