A bleed showed up in my ultrasound

ready4num2

Reaction score
I'm 6weeks 5days. First scan and the baby had a strong heart beat, but there was a bleed found on the ultrasound. My dr said expect the worse but I was looking on google and from the sounds of it, it can be normal and resolve itself.

Anyone experience this and everything be ok?

hi, didnt want to jus read and run off....i know it can be stressful you are in that situation...but the only assurance i can give is to jus stay positive....and relax ok.....

hope this helps

Did he explain to you here the bleed is coming from? With my 2nd pregnancy I had a subchorionic hemorrhage from where my placenta lifted slightly causing a 4cm blood clot that was completely gone by 20 weeks. Subchorionic takes place outside of the baby and sac. Baby is much safer during an experience of this nature. The size of baby with bleed matters too, my baby was some 10 times smaller than my clot, the doc was concerned for her. But she did fine.

I had a bleed in my 1st & 2 pregnancy it was query 2nd baby it was in my womb lining but it was not too close to the baby and it shrunk (I had weekly scans for about 3 weeks) the results where healthy babies

I think it was a pretty insensitive thing to say "expect the worst" I had medium sized areas of bleeding next to the sac in two pregnancies which showed in early scans and up until 12ish weeks before they were reabsorbed. I didn't experience any vaginal bleeding luckily, as I know that can be scary! but I had two healthy, happy babies! As far as I'm aware most cases of bleeds(or Subchorionic heamatomas) end up in normal pregnancies. There's a group on the forum somewhere with lots of women who experience these and some of them have quite a lot of bleeding and still have healthy full term babies. x

( https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/142576-sch-group-subchorionic-hematoma.html )

No I wasn't told where exactly it was or how big. I had DD2 with me who wasn't in a happy mood. So I couldn't process what to ask. I agree I don't think I should've been told that, now that I've googled it and have heard from others. :(

I had a bleed next to babies sac on the outside, I had a scan at 7 weeks and no bleeding was seen, then due to spotting I had an emergency scan at 8 weeks & 4 days and then seen the bleed then I spotted on/off then stopped then bled again at 11 weeks so went for another scan and no bleed was seen the lady reckons it was the last lot of bleeding from the 1st bleed I had, as sometimes a SCH resolves itself by being absorbed or coming out and I think that's what happened to me I think, just try and rest as much as you can and take things easy good luck xx

Ready4num2 - join our group if you haven't already (the SCH group). There are a ton of ladies on there who can offer support and their stories. Myself included. I had a SCH diagnosed at 5 weeks after a giant bleed. I was checked out and was discharged with miscarriage paperwork since they said it didn't look good, and it was just a waiting game! My son is a perfect 7 month old right now. :)

PM me anytime if you want. I went through the ringer with my SCH.

*hugs* I has 2 SCH's at the same time with my son- they completely resolved themselves and I have a wonderful toddler now. Stay positive!!! My dr put me on bedrest for a couple weeks (my job is quite physically demanding). You may see some blood as it passes out or it may just reabsorb itself. I was a part of the SCH group on here when I was pregnant with my son and it was a great source of support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->