A Few BLW questions

PinkEmily

Reaction score
We have been weaning Oliver for a couple of weeks now, porrige and fruit puree for breakfast and then at 6pm he has his dinner of homemade veg puree. Its been going great but ideally i wanted to BLW so i thought i would try him with some bits today and it went better than i expected :thumbup: I thought it would take a couple of weeks but hes gone straight in there. He had a play around some carrot puffs and banana (slippy little things!) and he even tasted them. Then come dinner time he was being a pain when OH was trying to feed him puree, he was just playing around with it, so OH gave him half a piece of toast which was a hit. He was chomping on it as soon as it was on his tray followed by half a banana.

So im thinking of ditching the puree and going straight into BLW. I have a couple of questions, they are probably really silly but this weaning thing is quite scary lol

With Oliver being only just 5 months is it okay for him to have bread with it having gluten in it? And is it okay for him to have yoghurts and cheese? And what about those little snacks, like Organix carrot puffs? :shrug:

Glad to hear he enjoyed it! My LO jumped right in too, swallowing everything in sight immediately!

We started at 5 month & 1 week when she started sitting unaided. I stuck with fruit & veg only until 6 months though. Although I know a lot of people who gave normal food earlier than 6 months.

And I've only used those Organix snacks once or twice, but I never pay any attention to the ages on them.

I wouldn't advise gluten before six months, just in case half a piece of toast probably hasn't done any harm but I'd hold off any further gluten until 6 months; you can get gluten free bread but I haven't tried it. I'd presume the puffs are made of corn so will probably be ok xx

Thank you, i'll pop to the shops tomorrow and see if i can find some gluten free bread. My original plan was to stick to fruit and veg until 6 months so will probably do that, i just loved him sitting down with us for dinner :cloud9:
Ive spent hours searching the internet for meal ideas. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"