a few questions about 12 week scans?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by lauralora, Dec 10, 2009.

1. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

just wanted abit of information really ladies

ive been offerd the test to see if my babies down syndrome when i have my scan next week, and ive accepted. i did however have a scan at 7 weeks, my question is ... if there was any severe abnormalities with the baby do you think these would have been discoverd at the 7 week scan or is this something that is just impossible to tell untill later on?

also as ive misscarried in the past (6 weeks, in july) i am very nervous about this pregnancy and just wonderd how rare are missed misscarrages? and if the baby was there at 7 weeks is it very likely all will be well at 12 weeks?

xxxxxxxxx

2. Sazzoire

Sazzoire Well-Known Member

Hi honey

They can't tell if you are 'high risk' for Downs at 7 weeks as the test involves measuring the babies neck and a blood tesk. I had mine done on Tuesday and was told it can only be measured accurately between 11-14 weeks. If I am high risk then I will get a call in 2-3 days... if low risk I will receive a letter in approx 2 weeks. I haven't heard anything yet so fingers crossed.xxx

3. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

The NT testing wouldnt have been done at 7 weeks as its too soon. Hope your scan goes well :hugs: once a heartbeat has been detected the rate of MC drops significantly xxx

4. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

thankyou girls

sazzoire i hope you get good news :)

5. Beckels

Beckels Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. I think that I would feel more positive that you have already had a good scan at 7 weeks. I am sure everything will be perfect:flower: