A few questions from a very confused first timer

mnonie

A wee bit preggo :).
Reaction score
Hey
I was wondering a few things, does the whooping cough vaccine make the mum to be feel very unwell- I've been told this a lot.

What do I need for a Moses blanket to make it up? I've got fitted sheets and blankets but I was wondering how I make it up and if I needed something else?

Finally do the clothes in a maternity bag need to be new born or can I use 0-3?

Thank you
Nonie
X

I don't know anything about the whooping cough vaccine so can't offer any advice on that.

Moses basket should have a fitted liner that goes under the mattress and up the side, fitted sheets over the mattress, then however you choose to keep baby warm (blankets, swaddle blankets, sleeping bag etc)

newborn or 0-3 will depend on the size of your baby. If you have a tiny baby 0-3 will possibly swamp them, if you have a larger baby newborn may be too small, so take a small selection of both.

The whooping cough vaccine shouldn't make you feel ill. I'm a student midwife and I've heard a few mums-to-be say that it made their arm quite sore for a while, but none of them have felt unwell x

Thank you so much, that's given me some much needed help tbh. We've just brought the pram and been looking at cots. Do they need drop down sides?

Sorry I know I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm just so confused:shrug:.

The vaccine doesn't contain love virus so you won't get I'll from the virus. Some people do feel I'll after having a jab, but it's probably because your immune system is busy creating new antibodies for the vaccine which might leave you a bit more susceptible to pick something else up in the meantime, like a cold.

I have just packed newborn stuff, but they are from different shops so slightly different sizes. The smallest I've packed fits up to 7.8lb and the largest fits up to 10lb. I haven't packed any 0-3 as I'm not expecting baby to be more than 10lb.

Moses basket just needs sheet for the mattress and a top sheet or just use blankets or baby sleeping bag.

Cot doesn't *need* drop down sides, but a lot of people find this helpful lifting baby in & out of cot. My cot doesn't have drop down sides but you can adjust the height of mattress & put it lower as baby grows.

Just wanted to add I had the whooping cough vaccine after my first. I didn't feel ill. It did make my arm a bit sore, but nothing too bad. You will be overcome with joy for your baby, so its fine!

i find it without drop down sides are a pain in the behind..

saying that most cots here have em...

Moses basket i am putting a bottom sheet on and just putting bubs in there wrapped with another blanket over him if its cold

Hey
I was wondering a few things, does the whooping cough vaccine make the mum to be feel very unwell- I've been told this a lot.

What do I need for a Moses blanket to make it up? I've got fitted sheets and blankets but I was wondering how I make it up and if I needed something else?

Thank you
Nonie
X

Hi
I had a whoping cough injection and i was fine i was worried about feeling ill but i asked my doctor, midwife and the nurse did the injection and they all said they havent heard of anyone getting ill from it!

my little boy sleeps in a moses basket and we just have a fitted sheet and a blanket foldered in half and thats it. Hes fine and warm enough.

I had newborn and 0-3 clothes in my hospital bag just in case!

Our cot is a cot bed so doesnt have drop down sides so nothey dont need them!
Good luck xxx

Hey

Thank you
Nonie
X

it depends on the person, some people are more sensative then others,

but better to get it them possibly expose your baby to it once born as it can be fatal before three months old and it cannot be given to them and not much can be done to help them recover from itl....

I was absolutely fine after the vaccine, I had a sore arm for about 24 hours but apart from that no side effects.

I've got a mixture of newborn and 0-3 - also I've found that next have a size which is up to 1 month, which goes up to 10lbs - so should fit most newborn babies :)

I'm gonna have the whooping cough vaccine, my sister is gonna come round and with me as i was very ill after my polio one a few years back :flower: (hospital job). Thank you everyone you've really put my mind at ease just about to start packing my bag, I know its very early but reckon I need to be more organised :).

thank you all so much xx

Don't worry I found packing the bag overwhelming too! There is a sticky thread in the first tri board which gives a good list of everything you might want to take :)

In relation to the drop down sides on a cot, I read somewhere recently that they are planning to make them illegal to make/buy and own in the future for some reason, so I tried to avoid getting one even though they probably make things a lot easier.

Really bubbles 82? Any ideas why?
Packing my bag just kinda feels like it's the end of this stage ie in 12 weeks we could be holding wee LO. X

Really bubbles 82? Any ideas why?
Packing my bag just kinda feels like it's the end of this stage ie in 12 weeks we could be holding wee LO. X

No idea why, going to try find where I've seen it, might be a load of rubbish!

The drop down side ones are no longer allowed to be sold in US as every year there have been serious injuries and deaths from problems with the drop down mechanism. To be honest the non-drop down ones are super easy to use. I'm 9 months pregnant and have no problem lifting my almost 20 month old from a laying position on the bottom level. They are lower to the ground than the drop down side ones as well. When they are super small they are at the top level and are easy to grab.

I had whooping cough and flu jabs and was absolutely fine

Moses basket, mattress, a fitted sheet and I put a blanket over the sheet too incase she pukes up

Take a selection of clothes. We took neborn and 0-3 and she came out tiny at 5lb 15oz lol so we had to pop out and get 3 x tiny baby grows and 3 x early baby grows.... she finally fit 0-3 months when she was 2 months old!

I don't think there are many places you can buy drop down cots now - mine has 3 levels but the sides are fixed in place

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->