A few questions...

lindak

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, Hope you are all well xx

I was wondering how do you know if your milk has dried up ?Zac is 10 weeks on Sunday and I have been breastfeeding sucessully, but over the last couple of days my boobs dont feel full like they usually do come the next feed. I am constantly afraid my milk has dried, one breast when i try and hand express to see milk comes but the other breast I can never seem to get milk from because its a little more tender so I tend to not try to much...

Also Zac didnt poo for 8 days last week and then he had two bowel movements one on Sat and one Sun, and nothing again since. Has anyone else has this pattern ? Its really bothering me ...

He also has a hernia on his belly button , anyone else have experience with this going on its own, the hosp said that its nothing to worry about. But I cant help it....

Sorry for all the questions but they are all playing on my mind. xx

my breasts don't fill up anymore, so i think thats normal. i also can't get much out expressing. as long has he has plenty of wet nappies and is gaining weight, i'm sure its all fine. my lo also can go a week without pooing, which again is completely normal. sorry, don't know about hernias, but my friends baby had one and he is perfectly healthy x:hugs:

Hi Ladies, Hope you are all well xx

I was wondering how do you know if your milk has dried up ?Zac is 10 weeks on Sunday and I have been breastfeeding sucessully, but over the last couple of days my boobs dont feel full like they usually do come the next feed. ive been told by the ladies at my bf group that yr boobs do start to have the less full feel to them, and this is completely normal, so i wudnt worry.I am constantly afraid my milk has dried, one breast when i try and hand express to see milk comes but the other breast I can never seem to get milk from because its a little more tender so I tend to not try to much... yr lo will b able to suck more out than u hand expressing, thats y they say that when u pump its not a true representation of the amount of milk u produce as the sucking action isnt as good as yr lo.

Also Zac didnt poo for 8 days last week and then he had two bowel movements one on Sat and one Sun, and nothing again since. Has anyone else has this pattern ? Its really bothering me ...My los poos can change depending on growth spurts, i guess that if he goes longer, say 8 days this is because he is using all the milk on growth so there is less to dispose off iykwim

He also has a hernia on his belly button , anyone else have experience with this going on its own, the hosp said that its nothing to worry about. But I cant help it....

Sorry for all the questions but they are all playing on my mind. xx

So basically all normal, and i always say that if gaining weight then theres no probs, yr lo will just suck more when they want more milk and in a coupl of days yr milk will catch up. xx

:hi: linda (& zac)

mine feel deflated too & i express much less than i used to be able too. everyone has told me this is normal & that it's coz your supply hsas regulated to your lo's needs.
harry went 5 days, but has been 2-3 times a\day since then :shrug: i think so long as thry arent in visibleb pain, writhing, or when he poos it isnt hard or a weird colour, & he is still weeing lots, then it's probably all fine.
i dont know about hernias tho, sorry!

:hi: linda (& zac)

mine feel deflated too & i express much less than i used to be able too. everyone has told me this is normal & that it's coz your supply hsas regulated to your lo's needs.
harry went 5 days, but has been 2-3 times a\day since then :shrug: i think so long as thry arent in visibleb pain, writhing, or when he poos it isnt hard or a weird colour, & he is still weeing lots, then it's probably all fine.
i dont know about hernias tho, sorry!

How are you and Harry ?
Thanks , I suppose its all normal ... I just have to ride with it. I am so tired aswell he has been in his own room for the last 3 weeks. All was good , he usually settles after mayeb 30 - 40 mins and sleeps well I dream feed him at around 10 - 10.30 and he sleeps till 1.30 goes back down and from then on he doesnt seem to be making it the 3 hours and after I feed him he is wide awake and wont go back asleep its driving me nuts, by the time I get to bed again its nearly time for next feed ! This is only happening the last 2 weeks he used to go back down well after a feed . Any suggestions or experience with it..

yep, me & harry are ok; he's got a cold atm, so is a bit of a snot monster, lol, but otherwise, all's well. he also is sleeping great at night now, but as a trade off, refuses to sleep more than 30mins a time during the day & screams if i put him down, so i guess ya cant win! :dohh:
what time do you put zac to bed? we dont put harry down till 10pm & sleeps thru till 5am at the earliest, 7am latest, which has been heaven for us. if i put him to bed earlier, he's up every 3 hours wanting feeds or changing, so i dont even attempt to get him bed-ready till 10pm now as for whatever reason, that works best for him...

All normal hon! You are at the perfect time for your body to adjust and your boobs to no longer engorge between feeds. No worries, they are producing the same amount of milk. My boobs never engorge anymore and I can get 6-10 ounces of milk when expressing only 3-4 hours after LOs last feed.

It is normal for BFed babies to go up to 10 days without a poo. As long as LO is not in discomfort and is still eating well, I wouldn't worry!

Stick with it! You are doing great! :thumbup:

Oops, just read your last post.

TBH, the only thing that saved me with the frequency of my LO feeding at night is co-sleeping and bed sharing. If I didn't do that, I would NEVER get sleep. LO eats every 2-3 hours at night (at most). If I had to get up, go to his room, feed him, settle him again, go back to my room, get back to sleep... I would sleep about 15 minutes before I had to do it all over again. :dohh:

My first baby had a small hernia on his belly button, but the Doc at my surgery froze it off with something - I cant for the life of me remember what it was called now, but it was like a thin strip of metal. He still has a little knot on his belly button now, but it doesnt bother him - he says it makes him special!

Also, my boobs are behaving the same as yours. Everyone has been asking me whether this means my ilk has dried up, but Emily has lots of wet/dirty nappies is putting on weight and seems happy, so I guess they must just be doing that self-regulating thing!

Thanks Ladies,

Tigerlady - Your right , it feels like I am only getting 15mins sleep inbetween.

flora - lucky you , hopefully Zac catchs on soon.

I am just holding out for something miraculous at 12weeks ! Somehow I think im gonna be let down ;(

All sounds totally normal hon :hugs: My supply regulated at about the same stage so my boobs didn't feel empty and full anymore, just normal. At that point I also found it alot harder to pump because there wasn't much excess there I guess.

With the not going back to sleep, we're exactly the same! She doesn't often wake in the night thank god but when she's does, it's for a couple of hours :shrug:

With the hernia, could you have a word with the public health nurse if you're a bit worried about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->