a few things I've learned about pumping!

Thanks for this thread! Im getting my pump today from the insurance company. Any tips on how to start pumping and starting a stash? My little one is 12 days old. Is it too early to be thinking about it now?

Hey BubblesBump :wave: there have been a lot of threads about this in the BF section if you do a search. Basically, you can add in a 15-20 minute pumping session, pump 5 min after each feed, or pump one breast while LO feeds the other. When are you going back to work (assuming you are)? If you're not, IMO it is definitely too early to think about it :flower:

Thanks Seaweed Eater. I'm going back to school in January. Taking online classes this semester but will need to go back next semester. So I will need some stash by then for the few hours I will be gone 2 days a week.

You don't actually need much of a freezer stash :flower: it's much more important to pump enough to keep up. https://www.workandpump.com/freezerstash.htm It's good to have a little extra in case of random unforeseen problems with your fresh milk, but you should expect to keep up your supply. Otherwise a stash goes really quickly, unless it is huge.

I'd start pumping in a week or two just to try to increase your supply by a few oz a day, but don't go overboard.

Thanks Seaweed Eater. That makes sense. Ill give it a try then. Thanks for the link :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->