A flu dilemma - what would you do?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I have an appointment to have the flu vaccine on Wednesday as I've had flu badly in previous years and know I couldn't cope with little man if I got it & I have nobody I could ask to take care of him or even just help out for a while.

The only problem is I'm relying on my mum or sister to take me - I don't know anyone else who can but my nan who lives with them has just got the flu!!

I'd say it's only a matter of days before they have it too, even if they don't know it on Wednesday.

Do I risk asking one of them to take me as I'll have to take little man with me? Also the flu has an incubation period of just a couple of days but the vaccine can take 7-10 days before it begins to become effective. :dohh:

I may sound paranoid but I've been so ill before that I couldn't even get to the bathroom alone and have had the doctor out more than once to stop me vomiting.

Not sure hun.... is there no one else who can take you? A neighbour, a friend.... x

OUCh, that is a bit much. I guess if you don't have anyone else, get some hand sanitizer and use that as much as you can, and crack the windows of the car to keep the air fresh. Load of on vit C and keep your fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->