a fox killed joshua's rabbit :(

Naya69

Reaction score
i woke up this morning and let the dog out as usual, i was changing joshuas nappy and changing his clothes and the dog was going mad over something so after i finished i went out into the back garden to check what was wrong.

bella my dog was stood over my rabbit barking like mad my poor rabbit had been decapitated and his head was missingz i felt physicaly sick.:cry:

my poor little boys rabbit had been killed by a fox. josh knows he has two rabbits as he goes out everyday when the weathers nice to let them out and he feeds them for me now hes just got one which is the one in my pic.

i feel like its my fault because last night i went to get them in but its was throwing it down and it usualy takes about 20 mins to try and catch them so i told myself i would do it when the rain calms down they have shelter from the rain in the garden anyway. but when i was going to bed at 12 i remembered but it was way too dark to see them so i gave up and thought one night wouldnt harm them but odviously it did.:cry:

i so hope it didnt suffer poor thing :nope:

Dont worry about it chick, it could of happened anytime, bless the lil bunny.

Dont let it get you down or anything, im sure it didnt suffer x

:hugs: that's horrible, poor Josh!

it's a massive coincidence actually, but on tuesday we let our rabbit out in the morning (while we were still in the house) and completely forgot to put it back in before we went to toddler group. Came back from toddler group and realised the rabbit was missing. Next door suggested a fox, I envisaged an eagle for some reason (my friend thought this was hilarious!)...but that afternoon, after searching everywhere, we set off to the library, got say 100m along the road and this blimmin rabbit comes bounding towards us like he hadn't done anything wrong! He somehow managed to escape so I'm chicken-wiring even the tiniest holes before I let him out without me being outside again!

I'm so sorry about your rabbit and wish it had a happy ending like my story :( I know that I was so upset for my son when I thought we'd never see our rabbit again. Like Josh, my son really loves feeding our rabbit and helping me clean him out and stuff. aww, I feel so bad for you :hugs:

iam just happy that we have another one but they were a pair and was so close they would lay next to eachother like they were cuddling on the grass and run and jump over eachother shes gonna be so lonely without him :cry:

i just really hope i dont find his head somewhere in the garden i did check everywhere but iam scared to let josh out just in case ive missed it !!

oh no :( I'm sure if you look as much as you can there's little way Josh would find it...and if you think about it (this is gonna sound gross) overnight, there are probably a few things that would take it's head away anyway :/

We haven't got a lady for our rabbit yet because he's still to be 'done'. I guess if you want to get another boy rabbit you'll have to get an older one (who's been done) or get a younger one and keep it separate til it can be neutered? They like to be kept in pairs, don't they?

yer they love to be in pairs i havent had him long i got him at the begining of june because my white one was so lonely and they bonded so well as soon as she saw him she was jumping over him.

i just hope the fox cant get into the cage as iam sleeping at my friends house tonight and i didnt have time to clear the shed out to put the cage in there ..

has anyone had a fox get into the cage???

I don't think so hun. If a fox could get in, the rabbit could get out and probably would have already - surely. And if the fox had been able to get in, it probably would have before :hugs: I worry about my Carroty all the time though! It's like having another child!

Awww poor rabbit, poor you and poor Josh :(

:hugs: xxx

Aww I'm so sorry :( that must have been a horrible thing to see. Don't blame yourself though, we had a fox that actually got into our rabbit hutch a few years ago, like through the chicken wire x

thanks everyone iam still off my food a bit was gonna have a chicken dinner tonight but the sight of my rabbit has put me off :(

I know this post is now quite old but I just wanted to say I share your pain.

The same thing happened to our rabbit Pheobe, we came in fairly late one night and i noticed a white lump being dragged across the garden. I scared the fox away but she was in the same state as you describe.

I think it is that time of year when the fox cubs are learning to fend for themselves and are a bit more adventurous when they compete for food as we have seen and heard quite a few around in the last week or so yet usually we rarely notice them.

Frustrating thing is, id cleaned her out in the day and left the door open intending to close her up later - this said it has been left open frequently overnight with no sign of a problem. I feel terrible as I know my other half is quite sad about it and i really hope she didnt suffer.

Foxes are the main reason I made Honey into a house rabbit, when we lived with my parents she came in, in the evening but I was very worried.

I used extra large tent pegs to pin down her hutch, bungy cord over the run and screwed on drop locks on both of the doors.

She's my first baby and I love her so much xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"