A fresh start

W

whyme

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this forum -

Well, it will be five weeks ago tomorrow, since MMC. Where has the time gone? I am not over it but the days are getting better. I will never forget what happened, but I can't afford to dwell. I am determined to focus on what I do have.My baby will always be in my heart and sadly I will always wonder what if for the rest of my life.

But, AF has arrived yesterday. (We had discussed TTC again, but chose to wait for until after AF) and I go back to work tomorrow. Can't believe, we are free to try again already...

I realise that I am very lucky in that I already have a beautiful DS, but I don't have age on my side - just turned 40. But whatever will be will be. I would dearly love another child, but I am not in any rush, if it happens it happens. Not going to bother with OPKs etc, as used them a couple of months on my last preg and found i was getting bit obsessive. In the end, i binned them and caught pretty quickly afterwards.

Good luck everyone and heres to the future :thumbup:

Wishing you the very best of luck in concieving your sticky bean...its been over a year since my m/c and still feels like it was only last week, not a day goes by that i dont think about it...

Good luck hun!! I've decided not to use opks this month as I'm getting obsessed lol!!x

Good luck, heres hoping you get a BFP soon xx

I may be joining you ladies here soon, am due a scan tomorrow at 6 weeks, had a heavy bleed on monday & a - hpt today, am very scared about trying again.

Do drs recommend how long you wait?? As I too don't have time on my side, I'm almost 39 and my other children are 16, 15 & 6.

Hi Mazee71 - Hospital say have first AF before TTC, but that is probably to do with dating a future pregnancy. My GP says give it couple cycles, but I think that was just her personal feeling. I guess it just depends on how you feel. some people don't even wait for AF. I did, as I just wanted my body to get back to "normal".

I have read and heard many people say that they caught pretty quickly after miscarriage. I am just trying to keep an open mind. I really don't want to get too caught up in it and get disappointed at arrival of AF every month, as then I think it spoils your enjoyment in everything and becomes the main focus. I know that is easier said than done, and obviously I am in a fortunate position of having a child already. I would feel very different, i think if I had miscarried on my first pregnancy. My DS has been a masssive help to my dealing with my loss. If he is the only child I have, then I am very lucky, but it would be soo lovely to give him a sibling, so we will see....

I agree, It is very scary prospect trying again, which is why I am trying to keep open mind and deal with it one step at a time. On a positive though, I would risk going through it again, rather than look back in a few years and think What if, and live with the regret of not trying. I can't imagine going for a scan, think I will be a wreck,and those first 12 weeks will be especially hard but then stress is no good either. I will defo not complain about morning sickness though - rather that than no symptoms

Thx Whyme - that was a lovely post. I too am very lucky to have 3 beautiful children, my eldest two are only 11 months apart - and they are extremely close. My 6 yr old is from my current relationship and we really thought we were done - but around Xmas time we decided to try for #4 - and here I am.

Hi just thought I would say hope it all goes ok back at work for you. well done on being so positive, you really are an inspiration. Fingers crossed for a BFP for you soon, but as you say, what will be will be i guess x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->