A frustrating morning at the hospital

Beee

Reaction score
So I went in to be monitored on friday evening due to reduced movements. Because it was my second episode, they booked a scan for this morning.
Everything looked fine except my fluid levels were low- 2-3cm. I have been feeling a trickle every now and again for about a week now.
I was reviewed by the dr after the scan who inserted a speculum and asked me to cough (this was their test to see if I have a slow leak). Dr said she couldn't see any fluid, and booked me another scan for a week today. She tried to do a sweep but said babys head wasn't low enough and cervix too posterior.

I've come away feeling worried and disappointed. I feel like I'm going backwards not forwards. Due in 2 days and I really feel like this baby is nowhere near being born . I'm concerned about risk of infection too if my waters have actually gone.
Sorry for the long post, just feeling sorry for myself really :(
xx

Thanks ladies. If they'd said all was ok at the scan I'd be much happier to just wait it out, but the low fluid thing worries me.
Xx

Hopefully wont be long for you hun x

Thanks. Yeah hopefully won't be too much longer now but we'll see.
I did have a lovely sonographer who took her time and showed me the baby's little face- it was all scrunched up and had its hand on top of its head! Needs to get that shifted before labour starts anyway! At one point it was playing with its chord too. :)
xx

They didn't do a swab and check the litmus paper to tell if it was fluid? That is such a quick test... Sorry baby is being stubborn; fx baby comes soon!!!

No! I thought it was weird after reading other people's posts on here about trickling fluids. I knew they wouldn't see anything with the speculum because it's only ever a small amount and its when I'm up and moving about.
The whole experience hasn't filled me with confidence to be honest!
Xx

aww hun i just had overnite hosp stay still in this morn. I remember having do cough thing last preg an them not finding anything an dont think water broke inlabour if did muta been when she was born. At least there keeping eye on but think as your almost due thed try another sweep an scan before weeks time? Take care hun

Just to say, I went for a MW appt at term+5 with my daughter and the midwife said she tried a sweep but it wouldn't work as my cervix was still 'long and firm' and 'not favourable' I went away really disheartened and went into labour that night!

It can change really quickly, don't worry xx

Just to say, I went for a MW appt at term+5 with my daughter and the midwife said she tried a sweep but it wouldn't work as my cervix was still 'long and firm' and 'not favourable' I went away really disheartened and went into labour that night!

It can change really quickly, don't worry xx

Thank you for this! Made me feel lots better :) I had mw appointment this morning and I asked her not to bother trying a sweep since they'd attempted it without success yesterday, so she asked me to come back Thursday for her to try. Keeping my fingers crossed that she is able to do one and get things moving.
xxxx

aww hun i just had overnite hosp stay still in this morn. I remember having do cough thing last preg an them not finding anything an dont think water broke inlabour if did muta been when she was born. At least there keeping eye on but think as your almost due thed try another sweep an scan before weeks time? Take care hun

Oh dear, what happened? Hope you're ok xx

Oh dear, what happened? Hope you're ok xx
yea fine i got home this afternoon. Went gp about sore ear an my temp was up pulse up an bp up an 2+ protein in urine. Bp was high in hosp but settled late evenin 10pm an was fine 9am this morn so doc happy let me go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->