A-Hole doctor

L

Luhweez

So last night i rang the hospital at quarter to ten to say about reduced movements i'd only had 4 all day and was told to ring them if i had less than 10, so midwife, who was lovely asked me to come up, although she said they were really busy tonight but she wanted to check me anyway!
So when we got there she got me up on the bed and did a ctg, left us for half an hour on that, came in to have a look and went back out, next min a doctor comes in, dosent introduce himself, ask whats up, just says from my ctg that bubs is definatley moving, obvs i cant feel it or i wouldnt have been worried and rang, so he put his hand on my bump and kept saying 'you feel that?' and im like no..and he looks at me as if im lying and says 'YOU can't feel that??' as if its the most unbelievable thing ever!

So im like no..and he takes the ctg off and gets the scanner on me, and bubs isnt moving in there so he starts slapping my bump! but reassures me 'im not harrassing you, im just going to SHOW you that this baby is moving' in a really dicky voice like im stupid. so we see that bubs moves, but still no feeling, he asks how i eat, i tell him i would eat toast and cereal for breakfast, i hadn't had lunchthat day as i was in the antenatal clinic, to which he was like OMG thats why your not feeling anything what'd you have for dinner, and i told him i had steak..lol which he seemed ok about.

So he asks do i like milk, and i say no, but i take it incereal and such and he goes 'YOU DONT LIKE MILK?? and you plan on breastfeeding??' like i've just killed his cat or something and i said yes im going to breastfeed and he goes 'oh well..atleast thats one good thing, how old are you?' 18 to which he went 'oh..were you a difficult child?' and had a really omg..ew.. look on his face! i was like no..and kinda laughed it off, then he went to fill in my notes, and the midwife took my bloodpressure on the machine, which had gone from eing 100/70 that afternoon to 145/80 so she did it manually and it was the same, so he came over and was like 'let me do it! 150/85, just go home'

he really made me feel like a stupid little girl and that i'd completley wasted their time, as soon as i got out the doors of the delivery suite i broke into tears and Dh was like omg *hugs* because i couldnt breath i was crying so much.

sorry i just needed to rant! he made me feel like absolute shit :cry:

omg thats awful he was so mean to you!!
MW tell us to go to hospital if we dont feel our LO move and thats what you got when you go in!!

What a bell end... scuse the "to the point-ness" ...

:gun: What a complete prick!! Think i would have burst into tears too, we keep getting told to go in if there is any problem grrrr....

Total dick head.When he slapped bump I would have slapped him.some men think they know it all.knobs.EEEwwwwww it annoys me.hope you a bit better today and little one is moving more xxxxxx

What a complete prick. I would make a complaint or something. :| They should never make you feel stupid or silly for going in if you havnt felt movement.

What a knob! They are supposed to give you re-assurance not be a prick like that. I'd complain hun. x

I can't believe he behaved like that with you - what an absolute tosser!!!! I would make a complaint about him - he should have been a zoo vet not a doctor!!! xx

How insensitive can you be. I would complain; the hospital trust would crap themselves if they found out! How rude!

Grrrr what a toal dick!!! i don't know how you didn't cry before that hun i would of and cracked him one at the same time!!!! I hate dick heads who belittle you!!! I would make a complaint thats not on at all :hug:

he wrote on my notes he 're advised my diet' i don't know if he's referring to when he found out how old i am he said 'i take it you go to mcdonalds' just thinking about the way he was with me has started me off again so i defo think im going to put in a complaint, it's really getting me down =(

What an arse!!! I can't believe he said that stuff to you!! I would have been in tears too :hug:

What an asshole, i would have gone mad!!! XxX

What a complete jerk!!! I would definately put a complaint in, no one has any right to treat you like that. I still can't get over how he started slapping your belly. I would have lost it!

:hugs: sorry he was so dreadful to you. It is worth making a formal complaint, even if hes stressed and busy he must realise that you are just as stressed otherwise you wouldn't have turned up.

I ahte how so many consultants (all men) are like this with women, pregnant or otherwise. You should so complain about the way you were treated. He is not in a position of power over you, he's not superior to you and he has no right to judge anything about you nor question what you can feel about your own baby!!

Sounds like an ass!

When in doubt about movements, eat something really sweet or sugary.

What an A hole indeed!:grr: He had no right to be little you like that, and your age is irrelevant! x:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->