• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A home Doppler=too much stress for me!*Update!!*

Julia35

Reaction score
I'm paranoid since my mmc almost 2 years ago. I've had 3 scans already. My last was on 1/18 (elective), and baby was wiggling with hb up to 180.

When I got home, my new sonoline b Doppler was in the mail. To my surprise, I found the hb almost immediately!! I was 8+6. For the past 3 days, I cannot find the hb at all, after so much time searching! I'm terrified that baby has died! I wish I hadn't even bought it. :wacko:

I found my dauhghter's hb at 9+2 with a much lower quality Doppler (8 years ago).

Update: After 4 days of much torture to myself, I found the baby's heartbeat a little while ago!!! I even recorded it!! :happydance:

Hi,
You have made my mind up for me! I was going to buy one, just for reassurance as we've had 3mmc. Don't think I will now.
I'm sure everything is fine, but until you hear heartbeat you'll be convinced something is wrong.
Have got everything crossed for you,
Kate x

Hi,
You have made my mind up for me! I was going to buy one, just for reassurance as we've had 3mmc. Don't think I will now.
I'm sure everything is fine, but until you hear heartbeat you'll be convinced something is wrong.
Have got everything crossed for you,
Kate x

Thanks so much Kate! Xx

Baby's just hiding, I'm sure.
Mine's very good at hiding too, retroverted uterus and all that lol! :dohh:

Yup, 've got a retroverted uteus too and fully expect not to find it all the time, especially below the 12-14 week mark.If you go onto the Bump and read about how big the baby is after 10 weeks it really starts making massive strides. It's so small in first trimester that you can't worry too much if you don't find it. Just chalk it up to a where's waldo game, if you can't find the little tiger, try again another day.

I got my sonoline B doppler when I was 8+6 or somewhere close to that. I figured I'd find it immediately. I looked every few days and didn't find it for the first time until I was 10 weeks! After that I continued looking for it and didn't find it again until yesterday. My little bean is hard to find. I have to have everything angled perfectly to be able to hear it-- and even then I think s/he likes to swim away or hide behind other louder noises. I wouldn't worry if I were you-- it's hard I know. I panicked a lot after I heard it the first time and couldn't find it again until I read an article about doctors having trouble finding the heartbeat at 12 weeks (and their equipment is way better!).

Hun you're still early enough that the baby is teeny tiny!! I'm 10+4 found baby two days ago for 10 seconds, nothing yesterday and again today really quickly but it disappeared. Baby is so small it can hide away! Xx

Yup, 've got a retroverted uteus too and fully expect not to find it all the time, especially below the 12-14 week mark.If you go onto the Bump and read about how big the baby is after 10 weeks it really starts making massive strides. It's so small in first trimester that you can't worry too much if you don't find it. Just chalk it up to a where's waldo game, if you can't find the little tiger, try again another day.

Thanks, lol, that makes me feel better. I really believe this will be a take home baby, but my nerves get the best of me at times. I've been told I have a tilted uterus, so that could be an issue for me as well. :dohh:

Hun you're still early enough that the baby is teeny tiny!! I'm 10+4 found baby two days ago for 10 seconds, nothing yesterday and again today really quickly but it disappeared. Baby is so small it can hide away! Xx

That makes me feel a lot better! I may wait a couple days before even trying again!

I got my sonoline B doppler when I was 8+6 or somewhere close to that. I figured I'd find it immediately. I looked every few days and didn't find it for the first time until I was 10 weeks! After that I continued looking for it and didn't find it again until yesterday. My little bean is hard to find. I have to have everything angled perfectly to be able to hear it-- and even then I think s/he likes to swim away or hide behind other louder noises. I wouldn't worry if I were you-- it's hard I know. I panicked a lot after I heard it the first time and couldn't find it again until I read an article about doctors having trouble finding the heartbeat at 12 weeks (and their equipment is way better!).

Thanks so much! My mind feels greatly eased! :hugs: My husband was wanting to go for another ultrasound! I really don't want to do that, especially just 3 days since the last one. :haha:

I got myself one. I feel weird using it around my fiance because he thinks it's a waste of money. I've been looking almost every day since 8+6 and haven't found it yet. I keep thinking I got it but the reading isn't as high as I thought it would be. I'm gonna try tomorrow and probably just wait it out til 12 weeks if I don't find it. We go in Monday at 10+6 and the doctor is suppose to try to listen to it then. I wish I never bought the stupid thing. I think I have a lower quality one tho?

I have the sonoline b too. I found the hb at 8w5d (took 45 mins. that day to find it), then the next day it took another 30 mins. to find it. It started to take less and less time every time I found it. And around 10 weeks the baby started moving around so I had to search for him/her (unlike in weeks 8-9 baby was in the same spot every day).

I'm sure your baby is just fine. :)

I had so much bleeding starting at week 5 - Christmas Eve that my mental state would have been shot without my doppler. Now I use it like 1-2x a week, just for peace of mind. It did take a lot of patience in the beginning. A lot.

You'll love you doppler again once you are far along enough for you to find it more easily. Even at 12 weeks it took some searching and my baby is very far forward and in the supposed easiest location to find her lol. Every pregnancy is different and some find it very early on and some later...I'm sure your nugget is just hiding behind your pubic bone at this point :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->