A huge step back

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
Well Zane was weaned at 4 months starting on baby rice and then cereal he wouldnt go near any veg at all until he hit 6 months when he loved the meat jars.

He was on 3 meals a day plus snacks and still 4-5 bottles of 5oz of milk a day so a very hungery boy.

I wanted to give him only home cooked food but i have to admit i found jars easier as im a terrible cook. But i started zane on sweet potato mashed up and then finger foods like fish fingers ect n he was just getting used to it until 2 weeks ago :(

first zane got a cold hed still eat but was very picky then got a d and v bug for the past week and has hardly eaten at all he didnt eat for almost 3 days straight. Now hes taken a huge step back and is now eating but only jar food and they have to be stage 1 the only food he will eat lumpy is finger food :(

Anyways sorry this is so long but does anyone have any advice on what i can do:dohh:

Benn was exactly the same he wouldnt eat the lumpy food off the spoon. He would only manage lumps if it iwas finger foods so i ended up more or less going the baby lead weaning not thats what i knew that i was what i was doing.

Im sure he will be fine... If he was just recently sick it may take him a bit to feel up to eaten well again.

i think i will have t just start led weaning ile have to go shops and look for some ideas of what finger foods to give him i always think with finger food he wont eat enough

:hugs: just kinda ride it out..hew ill eat again...having had a cold has knocked him back appetite wise..Elinor is constantly like that after an illness...you feel like banging your head against a wall :(

:hugs:

im thinkin now hes getiin back to food would be a good time to change the things hes eating he cant eat jars for the rest of his life but im such a crap cook lol even tho oh was a chef hes no help

:( im no master chef neither... :D

am sure Zane will soon start eating whatever you make.... if I am absolutely stuck for what to make her Elinor gets like jam on toast or cheese on toast lol. With fruit chopped up for afters...that seems to satisfy her :)

Savannah has done this too! I wonder if it's a stage they go through?

Savannah has done this too! I wonder if it's a stage they go through?

probably is a stage but very frustrating.

i dont think jam and toast with fruit for after would statisfy zane hes a greedy little boy he just licks the jam off and the toast gets smushed into my rug hahah

We always have this problem - as soon as he is a little under the weather he goes right off his solids. SO far we have had 3 successful weeks then teething, cold,d&V,cold and now teething again! One day this child will eat properly if it kills me !

Aeryn goes off certain "favourites" when shes been ill. Recently it was banana, she's loved banana since she started on solids but had conjunctivitus a few months ago and wouldnt touch a banana for 3 weeks after that. Now suddenly she's eating them again!

I wouldn't worry about it. They do go on and off things, especially if they've been poorly.

We always have this problem - as soon as he is a little under the weather he goes right off his solids. SO far we have had 3 successful weeks then teething, cold,d&V,cold and now teething again! One day this child will eat properly if it kills me !

he didnt go off food at all when hes teething or has a cold.
i was fine with him not eating while he was ill just such a pain that i feel i have to start weaning him all over again oh is no help lol

but zane and my oh are going to scotland for the weekend to see his grand parents so i get the whole weekend to myself i dont think ive had time just for me in along time i cant wait!

my oh had zane saturday night just gone i went out n the next day my oh finaly got why i give into zane crying and said hed never question me again haha we shall soon see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->