A infacol question

Bernie

Reaction score
My 4 week old baby girl has been on infacol for 3 days now as she has been having trouble bringing up wind.Does it matter how long she stays on it for?We think its her dummie that causes the bad wind as im breast feeding im giving her 2 pipettes full every 4 hours as she feeds on demand.Iwas giving her 1 pipette but it didnt seem to be improving so increased it up to 2.

infacol actually builds up over time so it will take a about 5days for it to start working, maddi actually stayed on it until she was 4months, we found it really good :) x

I didnt know it takes 5 days to work:dohh:What about Gripe water if shes been on Infacol can she take that if i stop the infacol?It says on the box babies can start taking that from 1 month onwards.Or do i need the infacol to wear off before she can take Gripe water?

I've been giving it since 2 or 3 weeks. Byron hardly ever gets colic now. Seems ir can be used until it's not needed anymore.

Stick to infacol before every feed, it can take maybe up to a week before you notice anything significantly (sp?).

Probably not a good idea to use both gripe and infacol.

You can use both, infacol is medical and gripe water is herbal. Although I used infacol for about 2 weeks and found she got constipated, but she was bringing up burps much better after that... so mabey you dont need it that long?

i used both :) infacol before each feed, and then gripe water if she appeared to have colic, though that wasn't very often thankfully. i'm sure i started infacol when maddi was a few weeks old, found it amazing as she never had colic during use and stopped around 4months as they can begin to get rid of their own wind, i was say def. continue with the infacol and if she seems windy/colic in pain use a dose of gripe water, thats what i did with maddi, don't no if it has anything to do with it but from 6weeks she slept through the night - 8 till 8 and still does :) hope that helps x

Thanks or your advice.She has been really screaming and i dont know coz ive been giving her a dummie if its confused her coz when she feeds at the breast she seems to swollow air in when she first latches on then she cries so im going to try and ditch the dummie.Coz she feeds on demand most of the time i didnt know weather to give her infacol every 4 hours or give it to her every time she needs feeding?I kow infacol is quite safe but don know what to do for the best.

I forgot to say that i hone nhs direct for advice and hopefully should be getting a home visit from the doctor tonight just to get her checked over just to be sure s im waiting for a phone call as we speak.

here you arnt supposed to use infacol that much... I will look on my box and see what the dosage is... because it has medical ingriedients it can be overused.

oh bless her, i do hope she feels better soon:hugs: i was really concerned about that too ryder, i looked on the website and double checked, i wonder if its different country to country honey? hope i didn't over do it with maddi *panics!!*

bernie - i do hope your little girl feels better, its so scary when they're so young, better to get her checked over if your at all concerned :hugs: do let us no how she is :hugs: x

Hi ya thanks for all your help very much aperecated:hugs: It does say u to 100 doses on my box but i wont give her anymore til i at least speak to the doctor tonight.Will let you know what the doctor says.

Thanks Bernie:thumbup:

Well the doctor has been and has checked Olivia over.Olivia is fine and the doctor said this wind/colic could go on til she is 3 months old might even start to sort its self out at 2 months.She said there not much evidence that infacol works and she found with her kids that it didnt so she has left it up to me weather i continue using it or not.But as you say there is a limit on how much you can give them.So might stop it and give her Gripe water before we try and settle down before bed tonight.So bascally theres not much that can be done for it.Just wanted to thank you all for your advice:hugs:

laying them across your knees can really help... do that and rub her back.

infacol worked a treat for elliot, he had infacol before each feed and didnt have any problems. weve stopped giving it now though-as hes on gaviscon for reflux and doesnt seem to be windy since being a bit older.

i doubt dummys would cause colic?

infacol isnt absorbed into the blood like meds ie paracetamol, so is safe to use regularly untill the colic goes away. it says on the leaflet enclosed.

keely.

Oh right so i cant over dose her then if i keep giving it to her? It says up to 100 doses so must be how much is in the bottle im guessing?

it means there are 100 doses n a bottle, you won't be giving 100 doses a day-just before each feed.

Right just soken to a pharmaist and she said some mums use colief as another opiton so will just see how i get on i think.

yes, there are several options out there such as the colief, and dentinox stuff etc. Some take a few days to build up and work at their best though, so dont give up on one type straight away!

Good luck!

We never got on with anything other than gripe water until she was about 7/8 months old :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->