a little advice please..

Beany2

Just me and DH so far...
Reaction score
Hi ladies

just wondering what other people's experiences have been with different type of bc pill as i seem to have a lot of difficulty with it (well, all my problems seem to be caused by this according to doctors!).

i started taking the pill when i was 17 (now 24), partly as contraception and partly because i get really bad af without it. i started on microgynon 30 but was getting breakthrough bleeding, etc so changed to a different pill (can't remember the name of it now but think it might have been mercilon) carried on with the same symptoms, breakthrough bleeding, bad cramps etc and was referred to gynaecologist as they found a polyp. this was removed and was still getting the extra bleed. they said it might settle after a few months seeing as polyp had been removed but changed me on to another pill anway (Yasmin):wacko:. after taking that for a while i was getting really bad gut problems and passing out etc so was then changed to Trinovum (still on this).

i'm still getting breakthrough bleeding and when it starts i get super hormonal, really tearful, moody and depressed and i'm really getting fed up of it now. :cry:

has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, how did you cope?!xxx

p.s. sorry for the long ramble!:blush:

Hiya,

Didnt want to read and run... I was on Yasmin for a few years, and I can't really remember having any problems with it. Then I had the implant for three years, which was fine for about two years, then I just had constant spotting and breakthrough bleeding, until I got sick of it and had it taken out.

Then last oct/nov I got put on microgynon 30. In the first month I got breakthrough bleeding and spotting after two weeks, and my skin was awful for a while, but gradually started to clear up. I was also really bloated.

I had a pregnancy scare in Feb, so I came off the pill altogether. I felt much better, and my OH said I was a lot easier to handle (not as moody and emotional, lol). I'm in the process of coming off anti-depressants now as well, so I've decided to give my body a break from any meds/artificial hormones for the first time in about 8 years. We are using the withdrawal method at the moment. I know its a bit of a risk, but if I got pregnant it wouldnt be the end of the world....In fact, a part of me is really hoping I do, I'm ridiculously broody at the moment!

Hope this helps hon:flower:

I was on microgynon 30 and was depressed for nearly a year, but I had no idea what was causing it. I didn't really want to go down the route of anti depressants without trying other stuff first, so I tried herbal things, exercise, yoga and all this relaxing crap they recommend, and none of it worked.

Then it occured to me it might actually be my pill, so I stopped taking it altogether (it clearly wasn't working anyway, I'd got pg and had a mc the previous month!) and for a few months afterwards I was super eratic with my mood swings, and really emotional all the time, but then my body calmed down and now I feel so great :)

Looking back I can't believe I was that depressed for so long but did nothing about it and thought it was normal. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but you can't stay in the position you're in :( Maybe if you don't want to come off the pill altogether you can ask the doctor if there's anything they can recommend for the depressed/emotional feelings? Good luck :hugs: xx

Hi sweetie, well i do know how you feel! I was on microgynon for years and it was ok but then all of a sudden i started having breakthrough bleeding and sickness then i went on Cilest and that gave me the same symptoms so i went on the implant which was ok for 3 years but when i had it changed it changed entirely, i was bleeding continually and had horrific period pains and mood swings so i had that removed and went on cerazette which had the same effect as the implant!

Basically i can't find a method of bc that suits my body and i have tried everything! I just admitted defeat and decided to used withdrawal and condoms around the time of ov. In my opinion it was just not worth putting my body through all that.

Hope you find something to suit you eventually xxx

thanks everyone. the things we women put ourselves through eh?!

well, i think for the next few months i'm def gonna stay on bcp due to the situation with DH potentially having to have surgery and some things going on at work. after that we'll see what happens....

When I was on BCP, I was moody and darn near mean all the time. Once I got off of them, and have stayed off the, I've been much better.

I think I've been through my fair share of pills in the last 12 years (it may be 11, I can't remember exactly when) but I remember being on Cilest for a couple of years and had horrendous mood swings. Yasmin just didn't work for me at all, having tried that for about 12 months. Ever since I've been on Noriday, which appears to have resolved any issues the dr was concerned about with my blood pressure as well.

Planning to have 'the' conversation with my DH this weekend. Cooking his favourite, just as a precursor... Jambolaya (can't spell it, but I can cook it) and Cajun chicken.

Even my collegues at work have commented on my 'nest making' at the moment.... ;)

It's probably not a good idea to ask about everybody's experiences with the pill, because each and every woman reacts different and has a different time with it. There are those who have great experiences and those who have awful times.

I've never had a problem with any of the pills I've been on, but my sister cannot find a pill that doesn't cause her major mood swings and bleeding all the time. The doctors say it's just her body and not a lot they can do (she's been tested for things and all clear).

Sorry if this doesn't help, but perhaps it's worth trying a non-hormonal method of contraception and seeing how you get on?

Have to say that I wholeheartedly agee with SilverBell.

Everyone is different and hormones effect people in different ways. I suspect that when I finally come off my pill, I will be a moody so and so to DH. But hopefully that will all sort itself out eventually. I certainly wasn't that moody before I started taking the pill.

Continue trying for 3 or 6 months, whatever you have initially been prescribed and then go back and ask the opinions at the health centre. If necessary, ask for another opinion.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->