A little lost and in need of support

bambilove

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am 22 years old and have recently found out I am 4 weeks pregnant. I am/was on the pill so this was an unplanned pregnancy and although I love children I am a little shell shocked. My boyfriend/the father is very loving and supportive and this is not the issue at all. I have just finished my degree so I have done all the schooling I planned to and I am not worried in this regard either. I am afraid of how we will cope and if this is the right choice for us?

As an added "twist" I have previously been told I have polycystic ovaries and my chances of conception are very low and I am worried this is my only chance.

Any advice, support or shared stories would be appreciated. :cry:

Wow! Must be so overwhelming! :hugs:

No advice really, just didn't want to read and run. You'll cope like you never would've believed you'd cope, when the time comes. I honestly look back at some of the early days of having Hattie and think 'how the bloody hell did I do that?!?!' but at the time it was the most natural thing in the world. Totally normal to be worried though!

Sounds like you've got a great guy by your side and you'll be just fine :flower: sending lots of :hugs: !! x x

Niether I mine were planned.

My first I had just turned 16 and was completely unexpected , this baby I was on depo and babies dad was told he was sterile from cancer treatment shortly after we got together . So huge shock both times .

I look at it as no one is ever really ready for a child even I they planned them . But looking t my kids I wouldn't change anything. I wasn't ready or prepared for either of them but good thing about baby's is it takes them 9 moths to get here and you have that time to prepare and then baby's and kids are pretty resilient while you learn .

Good luck and congrats!

My situation is very similar. I was on the pill and found out that I was pregnant (when I was about 7 weeks along). It was very unplanned and unexpected, but thankfully my boyfriend is very supportive. It's been quite overwhelming and I still have days where I think, "Oh my God, is this really happening?!?!", as my pregnancy has progressed I've definitely become connected to the baby and I'm so in love with her! The shock of your situation will start to wear off and I'm sure you'll start to feel excited about it. It's totally normal to be afraid/worried (I know I still am!), but if you lean on your boyfriend, family, and friends (and the wonderful ladies on here!) for support, I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs: I also think it's totally normal to have moments where you think, "I don't know what I'm doing" or "I don't know if I'm ready for this" etc. So try not to feel guilty if you have those thoughts/feelings! Sorry if I'm rambling on... Everything will be ok :hugs:

Congrats! Even though it's unexpected, it sounds like you are in a good place in life and will be a great mom! I was 35 when I delivered my first baby and that baby was very much planned...and my DH and I still wondered if we were ready! I really don't think anyone feels truly ready to be a parent for the first time, but it is much less overwhelming if you realize we're all just doing the best we can. And the babies never know we're just figuring it out as we go!! :)

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->