• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A little rant.. any recommendations welcome

Aneesa_09

Reaction score
I HATE SPOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I am now 6 weeks + a few days and my face is covered in spots. Every morning I have been waking up to more and more.

I feel like a teenager again suffering with acne.:nope:

I know they are due to changes in hormones levels but any recommendations to help improve my condition are welcome, I don't remember my skin being this bad with none of my other pregnancies.

All I can think of is making sure you're eating healthy, exercising, and getting enough sleep - all those things will help level out hormone levels. Also, make sure you are not washing with any products containing vitamin a derivatives or salicylic acid, as I've read they can be absorbed through the skin and there isn't enough research to know if they are safe to use during pregnancy. You can also use a mud or clay mask once or twice a week to help dry them out and clean out your pores.

This has been a problem for me.... bad at times! But daily use of Spectrojel face wash and then the Spectrogel moisturizer at night seems to help a lot... this should improve after first tri I hope!

This has been a problem for me.... bad at times! But daily use of Spectrojel face wash and then the Spectrogel moisturizer at night seems to help a lot... this should improve after first tri I hope!

Yeah hopefully, I think with my last two I did have spots to begin with then they cleared up and came back in third trimester before I gave birth, I guess it was hormone levels changing again then too.

Its not nice, I don't want to put make up on either because I think this just makes them worse as my skin needs air.. fingers cross they disappear soon

This past year has been bad for me, they've been pumping me full of hormones with 3 ivf's and now that I'm pregnant I'm on large doses of progesterone, estrogen and prednisone (which kills your immune system). I've had spots on my chin all year and I hate it SO much! I've found that a good soap in the evening like spectrogel and an oil free but hydrating cream (with glycerine)like CeraVe works to help moisturize. Don't let them dry out or they get worse and can scar. Take cream to work if you must.
At night I put polysporin on them and this seems to keep them the most hydrated and then they're less likely to spread too because it's an antibiotic. If you need to clean any deep ones, don't use alcohol, try tea tree oil, it will clean without drying (it's not a greasy oil, it's more of a mild solvent). If you can work out until you sweat and then take a steamy shower you'll clean your pores naturally from the inside, I always have much less when I'm exercising lots.
Also, try adding a fish/krill oil to your diet, your skin will glow, hydrate from the inside and oil is a natural anti inflammatory, will help remove any bumps/redness from your face.

Ugh, I'm right there with you! I have no advice, just empathy! For me it's been creeping up the last few days (as has queasiness, like my hormones have just hiked up!). I looked in the mirror at work today and the tops of my cheekbones and my forehead have tiny red spots all over them. I never have spots normally and never had this with my last pregnancy, I've always been very lucky with very clear skin. I hate this! I don't wear make-up either, so I can't cover it with anything. Ugh! Hope it clears for both of us soon.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->