A little story of hope x

Gary

Reaction score
Hi everyone x

I never ever really looked in here before

Some of you who look on the other boards may know me but I assume most of you don't so I''l introduce myself.

My name is Gary (no surprise there!) & I have been with my OH since 1992 & married since 2001. I'm now 43 & Sharleen is 37.

Cut a long story short, we had been trying for a baby for 10 years when in May we found out that Sharleen was 8 weeks pregnant.

All I really want to say is please never give up hope, we didn't, OK we had probably reached a point where we just thought it wasn't to be but it was to be.

Good luck to you all x x x

Aw, thanks for that. Always nice to hear a good story. All the best to you guys!

xxxOmi

wow ty for that story it gives other hope :) glad you finally did it 10 years is a long time congratulations :)

That is a lovely story Gary, thank you very much for sharing that. Your little one must be due soon then? :happydance:

Can I just ask, was the conception natural in the end then and did you have any fertility tests during the 10 years ttc?

x

That is a lovely story Gary, thank you very much for sharing that. Your little one must be due soon then? :happydance:

Can I just ask, was the conception natural in the end then and did you have any fertility tests during the 10 years ttc?

x

Hi Nat

The conception was totally natural & apart from carrying out our own fertility test with DIY kits we never had any official tests done. Incidentally the DIY kits showed that we were both fertile. We never really bothered with pregnancy tests either as we both figured that nature would let us know.

Back at the beginning just before we got married Sharleen was on depo provera injections which suited her really well & when she stopped taking the injections we were warned that it can take up to 2 years to return to full fertility, we were cool with that.

Anyway the years flew by & just after Christmas 2009 Sharleen asked if I would object to her having the injections again because she always suffered quite badly with her periods. My initial reaction was that I was cool with that, we had tried our best but it just wasn't to be, however something niggled away at me for a few days & one night when she was in bed I wrote her a little note asking if she would mind waiting 6 more months before she went back onto the injections, I gave her my word that if we weren't lucky in the 6 months then I would not stand in her way or feel bad. It is her body after all.

In May she made an appointment with the Dr because she was feeling quite run down & generally not herself so off she went. About 2 hours later I got a text at work asking if I could meet her outside!! OMG I thought, what's wrong with her, what has the Dr said?? So I rushed out side & she just managed to blurt out that she was 8 weeks pregnant before bursting into tears, that of course made me burst into tears & we both just stood there & hugged each other.

The rest as they say is history & Ruby is expected to join us on or around 20th December

Gary,

Thank you so, so much for sharing. Your story has just made my day :thumbup:

Take care of all three of you and good luck in December :hugs:

big congrats to you and your wife :flower: im 37 in 4 weeks and has gave me lots of hope thank you :hugs:

Omg ur story has brought tears to my eyes lol..what a loverly thing to happen after such a long time. Congrats to u both and ur likkle one soon to be with u. Thats put a smile on me face that has xx

I think this just goes to show that it taking a long time doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. I am so pleased for you both and wish a happy and healthy delivery for Ruby in December :kiss:

Thank you all for your good wishes x

It was a pleasure to share our little story, never ever give up hope x

Gary & Sharleen

Wow... it's amazing how life can turn out sometimes!!! Congrats to you both!!

And Yay December babies! Not that I'm partial being born in Dec myself ;) hehe.

Gary,

thanks so much for sharing that story, your LO is truly meant to be!!!

your LO is truly meant to be!!!

Thank you, she truly is x

You know, you lovely kind people in this part of the forum have really restored my faith in human nature.

Every day in the 3rd Tri forum I usually have to dodge so many posts about how someones OH is thick as a brick or that men are a bunch of useless fools etc etc etc.

Sometimes I feel like I could really blow my top & say to people, just stop, take stock of just how blessed you are right now, this journey hasn't been an easy one for many of us!!

OK so some men are as thick as a brick & yes some are useless fools, I'll admit that, but why spend what is the most fantastic 9 months of anyone's life going on about it?

Anyway, I'm moaning now & I really don't want to so I'll bid you all a very fond farewell for now & I'll leave you with the knowledge that in spite of the fact that I am not a religious person I promise that I will say a little prayer for you all & ask that you all be blessed with the joy of parenthood in the very very near future.

Good luck x x

p.s. If you don't mind, I'll post a couple of pics of Ruby when she finally arrives x x x

that is such a lovely and encouraging story! Thanks Gary. Wishing the three of you lots of joy and happiness ahead! x

Aw what a lovely story, waaahhhh!! thanks so much, so happy for you :hugs:

As promised, I said I would post again when Ruby arrived & here she is :cloud9:

She was born at 12:46 on 19th December weighing 5lb 8oz.

She's feeding on expressed breast milk & can now drink like a trooper, mind you, she can also fart like a trooper as well :haha:

Always remember, never ever ever give up hope x x x

Big hugs to you all from me & Sharl & we hope your wishes come true in 2011 x x x x

https://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7788/img00003201012191726.jpg

As promised, I said I would post again when Ruby arrived & here she is :cloud9:

She was born at 12:46 on 19th December weighing 5lb 8oz.

She's feeding on expressed breast milk & can now drink like a trooper, mind you, she can also fart like a trooper as well :haha:

Always remember, never ever ever give up hope x x x

Big hugs to you all from me & Sharl & we hope your wishes come true in 2011 x x x x

https://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7788/img00003201012191726.jpg

she is beautiful...CONGRATULATIONS! please send us all some babydust :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->