A month till TTC

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi,

We are currently NTNP as we are going to Australia for 3 weeks in September and sort of want to be able to eat/drink what I like on the hols but also hasnt felt right to prevent a baby since we got married as we cant wait for children.

Have just ordered a BBT, 40 ov tests and 10 preg tests from ebay so once we get back from our trip, if no bfp we will be officially TTC!!

Have also joing FF so very excited about the jouney ahead.

Any ladies in the same boat, NTNP but about to start charting and temping soon and want to be buddies?

Hoping for my :bfp: before the new year :)

:dust:

I am beginning to chart, temp, sway, and then be ttc for a baby, hopefully a baby girl.
I ordered some OPKs, HPTs, PH strips and I am going to go buy a new thermometer soon.
I could be buddies with you, hehe

We are going to be TTC starting next month! I'm just waiting for my mom to come visit and leave, which is in sync with my cycles. :yipee: we'll be able to start as soon as mon is gone!! I got OPKs and started using them this month just to get used to remembering to POAS all the time. :haha: I've been temping and charting to avoid, but I'm gonna just go with OPKs and checking CM for TTC. More relaxed that way I think. I love buddies and journal stalkers. :ninja:

Yay ttc. So exiting. Any of you 2 be doing a diet change,take supplements, sex cutoff?

I have also just started temping and we're just seeing how things go now that I'm off the pill. I'm assuming my system needs to calm down after those artificial hormone levels. Since I'm 34, I think it's time to get cracking on starting a family. OH has been reluctant about it (he also seems to think one bonk and you're pregnant - the right attitude if you're trying to avoid, but not useful when it comes to making the decision to start trying). but he's totally on board now, since we both realise we'd really regret having let time run out.

I see you live in Sussex, Mrs W. Me too!
:plane: I hope you have a great time in Australia next month. We've not long come back from Aus. We had a blast. We were there when England was thrashing them in the cricket. Ah, happy times...

I've just started temping and charting (I'm a week in) and I'm a total numbers nerd. I love all the measuring, charting and seeing the progress :coffee:, but I've had zero changes other than temperature. I'm mentally prepared for not ovulating for a while, since I was on BCP for about 6 years, but that doesn't stop me getting in some BD practice :winkwink:

Anyway, have a great time in Aus, you never know, you might come back with a BFP.

I'm taking a standard prenatal vitamin and cutting back on caffiene and junk food as much as I can. I'm not making DH take anything or change any of his habits, and what do you mean by a sex cutoff? Like no more sex after a certain CD? :saywhat: Why would you do that?

My diet has changed only insofar as I've cut out the refined sugar. I've always eaten more wholegrain foods than refined and we've always included lots of fresh vegetables in our diets and get fruit in daily. When you cut out the refined sugary foods, you appreciate fruit more.

We're on a budget of £40 per week on food, so that has made me much more aware of what foods we buy and we make sure our money goes on GOOD food. We eat less meat now, since it costs, and I try to include more fish into my diet. We never buy manufactured foods (as in sauces in jars or stuff in packets, not even crisps, a British staple!), so we eat like our grandparents' generation: fresh ingredients, chopped, mixed, cooked and served. We even make our own bread (I sound like a knit-your-own-muesli type now, don't I :dohh:) perhaps I should add that our wholesome, healthy home-cooked food does include homemade :pizza: and I don't skimp on portion sizes :toothpick:

We both enjoy cooking, so it's relatively easy, really. I'd say we've always eaten pretty healthily. It's a shame our budget meant we had to cut down on some foods. I miss avocado and yoghurt the most - both good, healthy foods, but a bit too pricey to buy every week. Maybe next week :-({|=

I have been taking folic acid tablets since I stopped my pill in May but thats all so far. I have looked at some of the other pregancy supplements like pregnacare but they are a bit expensive so going to see how it goes and maybe invest next year if we are still waiting.

We also eat pretty healthily already so will keep that up. I am impressed that you make your own bread Bunda, domestic goddess! Where in Auz did you go, I cant wait :) :wohoo:

I am so looking forward to temping and using OPKs when we get back so I feel like I am taking control. I was on BCP for ages - about 15 years and my cycle has gone fairly regular quite quickly so I have been lucky. I dont know if I am oving as I've only tracked CM so far. Fingers crossed.

I am expecting :witch: this week.

Good luck everyone and keep us posted on your progress!!:dust:

I'm taking a standard prenatal vitamin and cutting back on caffiene and junk food as much as I can. I'm not making DH take anything or change any of his habits, and what do you mean by a sex cutoff? Like no more sex after a certain CD? :saywhat: Why would you do that?

sex cut off, i mean, some peopel may want to *try* for a girl, so they will stop having sex up to 3 days befor ovulation cus closer to ovulation favors boy cus the sperm moves faster. And or have sex after ovulation and no sex prior, like hrs after ovulation have sex and that favors certain genders. :)

sex cut off, i mean, some peopel may want to *try* for a girl, so they will stop having sex up to 3 days befor ovulation cus closer to ovulation favors boy cus the sperm moves faster. And or have sex after ovulation and no sex prior, like hrs after ovulation have sex and that favors certain genders. :)
I also mean sperm lives up to 5 days so the cut off can be beneficial, its all skeptical, some theories have been proven correct, but its all up to the body

My diet has changed only insofar as I've cut out the refined sugar. I've always eaten more wholegrain foods than refined and we've always included lots of fresh vegetables in our diets and get fruit in daily. When you cut out the refined sugary foods, you appreciate fruit more.

We're on a budget of £40 per week on food, so that has made me much more aware of what foods we buy and we make sure our money goes on GOOD food. We eat less meat now, since it costs, and I try to include more fish into my diet. We never buy manufactured foods (as in sauces in jars or stuff in packets, not even crisps, a British staple!), so we eat like our grandparents' generation: fresh ingredients, chopped, mixed, cooked and served. We even make our own bread (I sound like a knit-your-own-muesli type now, don't I :dohh:) perhaps I should add that our wholesome, healthy home-cooked food does include homemade :pizza: and I don't skimp on portion sizes :toothpick:

We both enjoy cooking, so it's relatively easy, really. I'd say we've always eaten pretty healthily. It's a shame our budget meant we had to cut down on some foods. I miss avocado and yoghurt the most - both good, healthy foods, but a bit too pricey to buy every week. Maybe next week :-({|=

No you dont sound like that. I wish we could do that. I mean, we could, but lazy I am?? I have 6 kids so the easier the better. ?

Ah, the cut off makes sense, there..I thought it was about keeping the OH's swimmers eager at the starting block, waiting for you to ovulate. Yes, my mother, after she'd had a daughter went to her doc to ask about ways of conceiving a boy. The doc said: well, there are theories out there, but they won't help you: you're already pregnant (that was me, another girly)

Ah, the cut off makes sense, there..I thought it was about keeping the OH's swimmers eager at the starting block, waiting for you to ovulate. Yes, my mother, after she'd had a daughter went to her doc to ask about ways of conceiving a boy. The doc said: well, there are theories out there, but they won't help you: you're already pregnant (that was me, another girly)

LOL thats awesome. DId she do the boy theory after or stopped after you?

well, eight years after me came a surprise pregnancy. She decided this little unplanned one was going to be called Robin, no matter what.

Well, 9 months later and :pink: Robyn was born. , so no brothers for me. That probably balances things out, really, since all my cousins are male.

well, eight years after me came a surprise pregnancy. She decided this little unplanned one was going to be called Robin, no matter what.

Well, 9 months later and :pink: Robyn was born. , so no brothers for me. That probably balances things out, really, since all my cousins are male.

We want to do all simple measures to ttc girl. But I think like your mom I will end up with one gender lol

We also eat pretty healthily already so will keep that up. I am impressed that you make your own bread Bunda, domestic goddess! Where in Auz did you go, I cant wait :) :wohoo:

Australia was great. We cycled from Sydney to Perth, going along the coast (and across the nullarbor plain - probably the best part of the whole trip) It was part of a big world tour on our bikes: a year and a half of crazy before we start trying for babies (well, they'll be a time of crazy too, but in a different way).

My bread recipe is soooo easy. It requires no kneading. You just mix up flour, water, salt and yeast in the afternoon. No kneading, just stir it all up. Leave it overnight.
At 8am I turn it out onto a floured surface, fold over a few sides, leave for two hours.
At 10am I put it in a hot oven (250C) in a dish with a lid. It bakes for 30 minutes with lid on, then 20 minutes lid off and hey presto, a crispy, crusty bread, just like you get in continental Europe, cool enough to eat by noon. That's it. None of this kneading, knocking back, leaving to rise twice. Recipe is here.
See? Not domestic goddess at all.

I have been taking folic acid tablets since I stopped my pill in May but thats all so far. I have looked at some of the other pregancy supplements like pregnacare but they are a bit expensive so going to see how it goes and maybe invest next year if we are still waiting.

If you go to Boots, they do a 3for2 on those vitamins and supplements. Three boxes of 30 pregnacare would then be (mental arithmetic:wacko:) £9.90.
Buying 3x30 tablets that way is cheaper than buying one box of 90 for £13.95.

Although, if you want to go all crazy, it's still cheaper to get a 3for2 offer on that bigger £13.95 box, as it's juuuust cheaper than doing a 3for2 offer three times over on the 30s.... Confused? :confused: I am! :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->