A new Metformin & PCOS thread <3

jessthemess

Reaction score
Hello all!

There are some awesome Metformin threads already but I wanted to just keep track of it as I start it! Maybe there are others just starting too!

I was diagnosed PCOS last April. I used Provera in June and July to give me periods but I stopped because I wasn't ovulating. I did one cycle of Clomid but I still didn't ovulate. :(

Then January I randomly ovulated and had a period. First natural period in like nearly two years. And so husband and I decided to take the baby making seriously!! :)

I found a new doctor. An awesome doctor. Who listened and educated and didn't rush and I already adore her. So now we have a plan.

Since January 26, I have lost 27 lbs and husband has lost 23 by kicking carbs and eating out. I started 500 mg of Metformin last night. I'm starting slow to help with possible side effects. The goal is to move up to 2000 mg in three weeks. And keep losing weight via low carb. I have a pelvic ultrasound scheduled for April and in June a follow up to try Clomid again.

I am so hopeful. This morning I woke up so happy. No side effects today. I'll be starting back with temping tomorrow. And starting exercise with the husband also, we plan to go bike riding when we get home from work :)

Second day on Metformin! Still no side effects. I really wanted to up my dose to two pills but my husband is a rule follower and I made the mistake of inviting him to my doctor appointment. Of course he listened intently to her directions and of course he wants to follow them to a T. From what I read online two pills at night is normal. But my doctor said one week one pill at night, second week one pill at night and one in the morning, third week two at night and one in the morning, week four and afterwards will be one pill in the morning one at lunch and two at night. All of that I'm fine with. Except she said to do one week one pill to help with possible side effects and I have none AND I'm impatient so I'm okay jumping right to two. Boo on my husband and his rules!

Hello! I was diagnosed with pcos last April and I too have just started metformin.
I started on the normal ones but had awful side effects so I'm on slow release now (1000mg )

I have just started Clomid and finished my last does two days ago. Hoping it works!

Anyway, will be here to stay! X

Oh yay! Nice to meet you! :) :)

I'm meeting with my new doctor to start clomid in June! June 7th to be exact! I so hope it goes perfectly for you!

Also congrats on all the weight loss that your ticker shows!

I don't know about you but for me, finding a good doctor and having the plan with metformin and clomid, has made me so much more hopeful and happy about all of this! I hate the wishing and wondering part of TTC :(

My doctor said I could go ahead and bump up to 1000 mg at night! She said the lack of side effects might be because my diet is low on sugar and carbohydrates.

A good doctor really does help!

Thank you, congratulations on your weight loss too!

I find ttc so stressful, but I'm hoping the Clomid puts an end to it. So glad your going on it too, hopefully we will both get good news from it! X

Agreed! I probably would have jumped straight to Clomid again if my husband wasn't in the room haha my doctor said its helpful to use metformin for a bit beforehand in some cases, and my rule following husband insists haha

I had a ton of blood drawn this morning to test everything under the sun again. Thyroid hormones and testosterone and estrogen and cortisol and prolactin and insulin. Basically all of it, all of the tests haha

And no symptoms from switching to 1000 mg Metformin so far. If there are no symptoms is it making a difference I wonder?

Alot of people don't have symptoms but it works, I know the feeling though. Almost like symptoms show its doing something haha.

Yeah, metformin just by itself help a lot of people conceive.

Oo I hope it didn't hurt to much. X

I have a serious hope that the metformin helps! I decided this weekend after talking to my husband's friend's wives at their "abandoned wives evening" (haha which is when the girls hang out while the guys do their thing) to try acupuncture!

Still no symptoms on the metformin. Have you had any with clomid? I did when I did the one cycle, like sharp cramps!

Haha love the name for your evenings out!

I really want to try accupunture, I have heard so many good things about it.

The only symptom I have is hot flushes, even now 6 days after my last tablet. They are about 2 times per day x

I hope your next symptom is ovulation! How's it going?

I bumped up a notch in my Metformin dose to 1000 mg. And then that night I woke up at 1:00 am and threw up :( really scared my husband actually but from these forums I see it's somewhat normal.

I scheduled my acupuncture visits! I'll let you know how it goes! I searched to find a licensed acupuncturist instead of a medical doctor because what I read online said all medical doctors get a bit of acuouncture training in school but it's not the same as being licensed which is a four year school. She asked that I stopped trying to conceive for the first two months because BFPs that happen in the first two months after starting acupuncture have a high rate of ending in miscarriage. :/ So. I guess like that she gave that advice because it does make it sound like she knows what she is doing and has experience but I also don't like it because ... I don't want to wait two months obviously haha. Although my doctor and I will be meeting in two months and two weeks to start Clomid again, after I've lost more weight and Metformin has got into my system. So maybe it will be good timing?

My fingers are all crossed for your cycle of Clomid right now!! :)

Also side note, I've really gotten into British TV in the last year or so. So many American shows are based on British originals.

:)

Nothing as of yet! Hoping my follicles grow a bit more first.

Oo maybe it's fate then? I know it must be hard to wait, but the weight loss and accupunture can only help! :)

Haha see I love American shows! I love Bing bang, how I met your mother, one tree hill and the oc (when they were on) x

I love Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Misfits, TOWIE, Fresh Meat, and Luther.

All the American shows you mentioned I love too! My husband could seriously be on Big Bang, haha, he plays all the nerd games and is an engineer and loves gadgets and all that stuff!

I hope your follicles grew bunches over the weekend and the last couple of days!

I started my 1500mg of metformin today.

But the weirdest thing ever is I am having intense heartburn swallowing pain since last Thursday. I actually ended up going to the Doc over it because it hurts so bad it wakes me up at night. :( He said he doesn't think its related to the Metformin but I swear it feels like I'm having a heart attack, and my blood pressure dropped a bunch too.

Also all of my blood test results came back normal so that's good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->