A place to talk about weight....

lucylu79

Reaction score
Only if you want to share :flower:

Up until last week I thought I looked great, that was until a saw a full length photo of me on the beach just wearing shorts and t-shirt and I saw the 'real me'.

I have to accept that things have changed, got more wobbly as well as bigger. Added to the fact that i'm very sun sensitive and usually rather brown at this time of year and I always feel a bit 'slimmer' with a tan :winkwink:

Funny thing is with my first I didn't care at all, I mean I was eating breakfast biscuits by the bucket load at work and then at the weekends stuffing my face with fatty foods and loving it for a while! Once DS was 6 weeks old I joined SW and lost the 2 stone i'd gained plus and extra 1 stone to be my lightest since I was 18!!

This is where I think the pressure this time is coming in, every pound I gain I reassess how much in total I may gain by week 40.

At present i've gained 22lbs and started at a "healthy" bmi, albeit near the top end of the scale. I'm quite steadily gaining 1lb per week and with 8 weeks to go I'd love to come off with gaining no more than 30lbs so just over 2 stone.

I have no idea how much I lost during childbirth the first time around, I have no idea what I weighed before and after and I wish I did have an idea of what I might expect the weigh after coming out of hospital and say a week later.

If anyone wants to chat about weight or share their weight experience before and after birth to give me a rough idea of what I might expect to see that would be great.

DS was only 6lbs 7ounces so I'm guessing it wouldn't of been near a stone? :shrug:

Thanks for reading :hugs:

I gained 4 stone with my first. I weighed myself about 2 weeks after birth and I had lost 2.5 stone. When you're pregnant you retain a lot more fluid, have 50% more blood etc
The weight of the baby is a small proportion of the total weight you need to gain. It can take a week or two for you to lose the fluid after birth but I think 1.5 to 2 stone loss by 2 weeks isn't that uncommon.

I've gained about 40lbs this time.

i gained 2 stone just got weighed 4 days after giving birth and i have lost 1 stone x

I'm not sure how far along you are, but apparently by around 30wks your baby & bump etc will be weighing around 18lbs by itself! That's based on a 3lbish baby too. I'll see if I can find the website with that info on. I think you're right on track at the moment & you'll have no problem losing the weight one your little one is here :)

https://www.easybabylife.com/weight-gain-during-pregnancy.html

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry hun. I'm a hypocrite saying that cos I feel gross about weight gain too. I have SPD and can't get around much at all so exercise is out of the question! We can lose it all once our LOs are born. Right now our bodies are doing the magical job of growing and nourishing them so I say sod the weight, it's all in aid of LO x

I was feeling really good about my weight until my mil told me I look huge... I know she didn't mean anything by it but I've been trying really hard to keep more control over my weight as I went from 7 stone to 12 stone with DS. I've worked out thought out this time and my bump is all in front. From the beginning this both times I've refused to use scales just so I keep eating right :).

I put 4 stone on with DD but I don't regret it. Not that I think it's healthy to stuff your face all day with bad foods, but I was pretty much house bound and on crutches and I found I would have been super miserable if I couldn't eat what I wanted too. I spend my life watching what I eat, so it was nice to have a relaxed approach to eating. I lost the 4 stone within 9 months of having DD and maintained it until I found out I was pregnant again. I've already put 2 stone on so far, and I could really beat myself up about it but I'm enjoying eating nice food and I know I'll lose it when baby is here.

I gained about 40 lbs in my last pregnancy. When I weighed myself after giving birth (not sure if it was a couple days or more than a week), I was down only about 15 lbs. Like you I'm hoping to keep the weight gain to no more than 30 lbs this time. It's tough though!

I'm pregnant with my first and I'm nearly 31 weeks and gained about a stone which I'm quite happy with but then I get told my bump is small for 30 weeks and I don't really look pregnant this makes me worry that the weight I gained during pregnancy is fat as I look at my arms and legs and think they look bigger and wobble loads from all the junk food I been eating as to be honest I have eating pretty bad all this pregnancy so don't have anyone to blame but myself and when I give birth I have Christmas round the corner so my plan is to start any healthy eating in January as I know I will fail at Christmas lol and just enjoy myself now while I am pregnant

The good thing for you is that you lost weight before with SW and I'm sure you can do it again :) good luck

I'm a ftm so I can't really share post-birth weight stuff, but I've gained 35lb so far and I'm 38 weeks. I was hoping to gain 25lb but I really like carbs, so...

I'm 5'1", so I am definitely not all bump! My fat goes to my thighs so I'm like SuperThunderThighWoman and they've become all cottage cheesy. Pre-pregnancy I was 124. I will get there again!!!!

Facing the scales tonight at sw after 5 weeks off, a quick check on my scales shows at least 7lbs on since I last weighed but I'm ok with that, I did want to try to stick to the recommended 1lb per week but in 5 weeks I've been on holiday for a week and I always gain then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->