A positive experience, my glucose test!

theamanda

NTNP
Reaction score
Just wanted to post about my positive experience taking the glucose test. I spent so long reading horror stories and worrying about how this test would go. Just wanted to show that it isn't all THAT bad :D

I got a choice of orange flavored or lemon lime flavored liquid. I chose lemon lime. It wasn't that nasty, I was already thirsty, so it actually quenched my thirst lol! It just tasted like all the way flat mountain dew. I imagine it had to be wayy better than the orange flavor.Then the waiting game. Just played with my phone... And got a small sugar rush! It was so funny! Like a burst of energy.. But then I crashed like 10 minutes later. Then my baby started going crazy like he got a rush too! Next I went to the back, got to sit in a reclinable blood drawing chair, and the lady was SUPER nice! She talked to me while she drew the blood and it was over before I knew it.

And the best part, DH took me out to lunch after. hahaha! :D

It was definitely way better than I went in thinking it was gonna be. Thanks for reading! :hi:

It wasn't so awful for me, either. I mean, the drink burns my throat a little and definitely didn't quench my thirst, lol.. I'm just not used to having a lot of sugar at once; orange juice gives me the same feeling. I didn't feel sick or anything. I just got tired near the end of that hour and was tired until I had food again after. I suggest for future, anyone else getting this done, to pack a snack to eat after it's over for an energy boost. I was all right the first 2 times I had it done (needed it twice with my first baby) because my partner drove me home, but this time I had to drive myself, and I kept feeling like I was gonna fall asleep. I had to stop and get something to eat to perk up so I wasn't dangerous on the road.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Hopefully you'll help people who are scared. I know I was terrified before going for my first one, but after that, I knew it would be all right.

and the drink was yummy! lol. I didn't get a choice; I had orange all 3 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->