A question about Cranberry juice

bunny

Reaction score
I have a question about cranberry juice. I started to drink it with my spatone in every day, just for the vitamin C, as its nicer than orange juice. I know that plenty of people drink it for UTIs, but the funny thing is that i got a fright yesterday when my pee was pink. i was going to check with the midwife today but didnt get time, and i didnt have my cranberry this morning, lo and behold it was back to normal again.
just wondering if any other cranberry drinkers out there have noticed the same?
:wine:

i'm not a cranberry drinker, but it must of been scary to see pink wee. i couldnt help laughing when i read this tho!!!

Mmmm i think your probably drinking too much of it, but i've only started drinking a cup a day from today for my UTI's xxx

You know the same thing happened to me when a ate a whole packet of beetroots!!! i fancied some and ended up munching through a whole packet, a couple of hours later i went to the loo and had the fright of my life as my pee was red! then when i went for a poo later, sorry if tmi! that was red too! scared the bejesus out of me i've sworn of them now far too scary when pregnant and your wee is red! it's probely exactely the same thing with the cranberry juice so not to worry

You know the same thing happened to me when a ate a whole packet of beetroots!!! i fancied some and ended up munching through a whole packet, a couple of hours later i went to the loo and had the fright of my life as my pee was red! then when i went for a poo later, sorry if tmi! that was red too! scared the bejesus out of me i've sworn of them now far too scary when pregnant and your wee is red! it's probely exactely the same thing with the cranberry juice so not to worry

thats really funny ive been eating lots of beetroot this week too because i love it. maybe a little too much pink for my system to cope with! i polished of half a tub of beetroot in one go on the same day as three glasses of cranberry juice!
x x

Hehe scared the life out of me!:rofl::rofl: shame coz i really love beetroot! Bunny that'll definately be the reason for the pink wee... cranberry juice and beetroot'll do it!

i got a little fright too, but then i thought i couldnt have a UTI because cranberry juice is meant to prevent UTIs, not give you them! Red poo though - mystery? while were on the icky subject though - im not sure im liking the iron induced black poo!

I actually had the red poo before too!.... even before i got pregnant i ate a LOAD of beetroot good knows why its great stuff then freaked out when i went to the loo! i rang my Dad and luckily he loves the old beetroot too and told it completly normal the die in the beetroot just passes right through ya! found this article which was quite interesting...

https://www.thepoorhouse.org.uk/poorhouse_experiments_beetroot_and_urine_investigated

Iron induced black poo! thats a new one on me aren't our bodies funny things huh? :)

I know what you mean about the iron poos! I always thought DH was exaggerating when he said his were like tar after drinking loads of guiness.

https://www.thepoorhouse.org.uk/poorhouse_experiments_beetroot_and_urine_investigated

wow, thats exactly it. absolutely clear after 12 hours free of beetroot and cranberry.

as for the iron, therapeutic dose is 340mg, and there was no way i was taking that, im not good with horse tablets at the best of times. ive been taking 2 spatone a day plus pregnacare and poos still black. in fact i might just have to start another thread about that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->