A question already - feeding....

ShadowSeer

Mummy to Savannah.
Reaction score
Im unable to BF because of the mass amounts of different medications I am on. So having to FF instead.

Now that Savannah is bottle feeding well, I been told to take my own bottles and teats to get her used to them, and to find out which she gets on with better.

Which one's would you recommend? How many do I need? Would I be better buying one of each first, till I know for sure what she gets on with? As a first time mummy, and having a preemie IM SO CONFUSED AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING!!!!

Any help would be great.xxxx.

Thanks in advance.

My baby was FF from birth, in the hospital he drank from the 2 oz ready to feed bottles that came with the disposable nipples. I used those for a while until he got to where he was taking more than 2 oz.

After that I moved to Dr. Brown's bottles, and I use the level 1 nipples (that come with the bottles) until he got to be around 4 months old and now I use the level 2 nipples. He has reflux and the Dr. Brown's bottles have really seemed to help. I never used anything but those, so I can't compare them to anything else.

I got a Dr. Brown's newborn feeding set, plus some additional bottles. I think I have 8 of the 4 oz bottles and 8 of the 8 oz bottles. You don't need that many though, I just don't like having to clean/sterilize bottles all the time so I got a lot of them. :)

When we were in SCBU, one of the nurses recommended MAM Anti Colic bottles - as in her experience nearly all babies feed well with them.

We were also recommended to get Size 2 teats as the preemies don't have to suck so hard to get the milk out. We followed this advise and have used these bottles ever since and love them.

When in hospital we only bought one per baby as we had to sterilise the bottles and make up the food just before each feed ( as per the guidelines!!). We did not want to buy more in case they did not get on with them - once home we got 6 bottles per baby as we premake the bottles in advance and it is soo much easies to only wash up once or twice per day.

I agree - dont go buying sets of bottles! Just try one at a time! We have a massive box of every brand - loads of money down the drain.

I would highly recommend NUK - Alex couldnt get to grips with any other bottle.

We use MAM with our termie,(She is fussy with bottles as shes bf) it was the only one we hadnt tried with Alex and I often wonder if that would have been good too? The new MAM ones self sterilise 3 mins in the microwave - brilliant.

Look at the 'orthodontic teats' first. (mam/nuk etc) They are generally easier.

Dr browns/avent/supermarket teats are generally similar.

Latex is softer and again, easier - but wont last as long as plastic silcone teats, you need to replace them more often.

NUK all the way!! I bought one for a start (I made the mistake of spending a fortune on TT bottles beforehand) NUK are the only kind Leo could handle. Can't fault them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->