a question for anyone who uses the smiley face ov tests...

I've been doing the clear blue digi's (the smilies) for two months now. Ive been using the clear blue monitor for 4 months now. I have yet to get the peak fertility on the monitor, only highs. Last month on my digi I got two smilies, but on those same days my monitor didn't show peaks, only highs. So I'm really confused!! When I got the smilies, both lines showed up good, but the line closest to where you pee wasn't quite as dark as the other one. I've heard that one detects the LH and the other line is the estrogen line(farthest from the pee stick). I'm on my 4th month of using the monitor, so I'm interested in what's going to happen this month. Anyone know anything about all of this? Please help!

sorry I dont know anything about the monitor, but if you got smilies on the ov sticks thats good! and thats interesting about the LH and the estrogen. I thought one of them was the control line.
yesterday my line was darker than its been all month but still no smiley so Im hoping to get the smiley tonight or tomorrow!

My line started to get darker and then I got my positive a few days later.

Got my smiley yesterday morning but not seeing DH until later this morning. Will BD straight away but I don't know if this is too late. I have read that the egg is released 36 hrs after the surge/i.e. smiley and so I should be ok. Haven't BD'd since Tues night as he went away for work. How frustrating!!!!

Wow came onto this thread to post exactly the same question and here are all the answers already! LAst month I used digital OPKs for the first time got my smiley face and when I looked at the lines they were both dark (had one darrk and one barely there until then) This month I have done them religously and on Friday night I did not get a smileyy face but the two lines were both really dark! By Saturday morning (and evening I did 2!) still no smiley face and the second line was back to being really pale.
MAkes me think I oved but no smiley face :nope:

I ovulate anywhere from day 18-22 (fridays dark test was only day 17) so I will keep testing a bit longer but I am worried I will have missed eggy again this month.

Good luck to everyone else xxx

:sex: just in case you ovulated early this month and keep testing. That's what I would do. Well, I tested this morning and I was back to one dark line and one pale line. I'm hoping yesterday's error test should have been my smilie. We BD'd last night just in case. Maybe I should go wake up DH right now too! He'll be worn out! I think if you catch your smilie at the beginning of your LH surge that you're supposed to ovulate anywhere from 12 to 36 hrs later. That's why a lot of the time I will use my monitor in the am and the digital in the pm, so I won't miss it. But, apparently I haven't caught it right yet, bc I'm still TTC!

well we BD Friday evening and again today so if oved friday or sat hopefully we have caught the eggy. Thats if i oved from the right side - bit of a pain being a 1 tuber!

My 1st smiley face the lines were equaly as dark and the 2nd time still smiley face but the test line abit lighter. i wouldnt go by the lines on those ones they are desinged to be read digitally :) x

Finally! My positive OPK last night! DH and I had :sex: the previous two nights. He was asleep last night, so when he wakes up! Where's everyone at? In their 2ww yet? I must have O'd a little late this month.

Hi I have a quick question re the smiley-face sticks - I've always heard that you should test for LH in the afternoon, or least after 10am; but the instructions with these sticks say you can test first thing in the morning. I'm thinking it's best to follow the instructions specific to the product, but it feels strange, if anyone has any comments or experience on this I'd be interested to hear. Thanks x

Hi I have a quick question re the smiley-face sticks - I've always heard that you should test for LH in the afternoon, or least after 10am; but the instructions with these sticks say you can test first thing in the morning. I'm thinking it's best to follow the instructions specific to the product, but it feels strange, if anyone has any comments or experience on this I'd be interested to hear. Thanks x

Ditto!

I tested for ten days in December and never got a smiley face. Only reason I got the OPK's was on the advice of my GP as I didn't think i could have children. Imagine my shock when I got a +ve pregnancy test!
Unfortunately, I had a MMC this week and I am eager to know about when to test as I've looked around and it says to test between 10am and 2pm yet the CB tells you to test with your first pee of the day!

Anyone shed any light?

XxX

i use the smiley face ones and yes you should have two dark lines when you take the stick out.. i love seeing that smiley face!

i use the smiley face ones and yes you should have two dark lines when you take the stick out.. i love seeing that smiley face!

Me too! I got my second smiley today after using CB for the second month. I started testing yesterday when I had some OV pains and to my surprise got a positive today after only using up two sticks. BD'ing like mad now!!!!!

I thought i would have got a smiley face today as my lines are very dark! probably darker than you r last one in your pic Kelster but will see this afternoon when i do another!! i could have just missed it though as i didnt test the day before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->