A reassurance thread for spotters and bleeders!

NurseSooz

Reaction score
I thought I'd pop by as I spent so much time in this camp talking about all my bleeding during first (& second!) trimester.
I bled at regular stages during 1st trimester. Sometimes pink, red, brown, orange(!) and clotty. I had numerous scans as I was a suspected miscarriage. There was no reason ever found except my cervix being really difficult. Your cervix becomes so much more friable and delicate during pregnancy. It's also engorged with blood. My bleeding was often worse after a BM or exercise. I was advised not to have sex in case bleeding from sex masked a more serious issue.
I was terrified and always posting. I was sure it would end in a loss. I couldn't think a pregnancy could continue with so much blood loss!
Well, here I am now with a healthy 8 month old. You can read some horror stories and freak yourself out with Dr Google. I want to say that for some of us bleeding is normal! It's how our bodies are working through pregnancy. I can't tell you not to be scared as I know you are. I just wanted to come and say that even when things look very bleak (I had a haemorrhage at 9 weeks) the outcome can still be fine. I had my dd at 37 weeks and all was well.
Take care all - if anyone wants any support then give me a shout. Good luck and stay strong. Xx

This is actually a very reassuring thread. I think you may have commented on one of my spotting/bleeding worries. I wish dr google gave more info out there about bleeding as from this site alone it seems very common. It just spells out bad news when you google.
It is hard to stay calm and not panic. I've been in a state the past 2 days because I have blood in the toilet, even though I saw the little heart beating away 2 days ago.
Thank you for taking the time to start this thread.

I've actually learned the hard way a few years back to stop googling every single thing and just find a forum of people with experience for reassurance. That's why I'm on this website/forum fairly often. And I've just posted about brown spotting. Either mine is from straining with a bm or just stressed in general. So far it's just been spotting on the toilet paper and no cramps. I'm trying to stay positive! I promise I am!

Ive had 3 emergency scans in 5 days due to bright red blood literally flowing out of me and a few clots. Every time a wiggly baby with a strong heartbeat. This was 2 weeks ago and I'm still getting a tiny bit of brown when I wipe but I'm hopeful its nearly gone.

The first time it happened I really believed I had lost my LO and went to the hospital for confirmation. I was in tears of happiness when I seen them moving about on the scan.

Searching online I can't believe how often this happens and talking to a few friends they had the same and went on to have perfect babies. While it is terrifying it doesn't have to mean it's over.

I hate Dr Google! Drove me to hysterics so many times. I feel like there should be a bleeders support group as I know so many women who bled and spent weeks being terrified. I even have a friend who was admitted to hospital with her bleeding and even she ended up with a lovely bouncing boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->