A rocky and unsure start to my pregnancy (scan info/pic)(update 12/11 p3)

mrspat

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
I've posted on the forum about my early pregnancy journey a few times. I got a very early bfp at 9dpo. They continued to get much darker and then at around 5 weeks my symptoms, which had been mild, started to fade. Something didn't feel right. At 5+6 I went for an hcg check. Came back at 1502. Low but they weren't concerned. At 6+3 I went to ER with cramps and mild spotting. Hcg had only risen to 2180. But there was an embryo measuring at 6+2 with an HB of 120 bpm.

Dr's office says it's basically a toss up at this point. I am feeling particularly non-optimistic as I just don't see how my hcg can catch up to baby. I've had mild spotting, mostly brown. I go in for a follow up ultrasound tomorrow morning at 9:30am CST. I feel as though even if there is an HB the outcome is inevitable.

I know it's not over until it's over, and miracles can happen. But it's hard to believe I'll be one of the people that that happens to. I'll update tomorrow after scan and meeting with Dr.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Gl tomorrow im really hoping you get your christmas miracle

I posted this for someone else as well. Hcg levels can vary widely for each individual pregnancy. I am definitely not making light of your concern, but from everything you've written, it seems like baby is healthy? I know lack of symptoms can mess with our heads, but to be honest, I never have that many until 8-9 wks. Right now I am 5+1 and sore boobs and some fatigue and bloating is all I have.
I would just try to relax( I know, easier said...) and enjoy being pg. your numbers seem to be in range, so not sure why docs are being all gloom and doom. Hoping for the best, and keep us posted!

Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml

Please don't worry. It sounds like your baby is measuring right on target and surely that's a good sign. :hugs:

got everything crossed for you x

Had ultrasound. Midwife said that if she hadn't known my levels were so low she never would have known anything was up. Ultrasound showed that the baby grew and heartbeat went up a little.

I am still having brown spotting when I wipe and had a mucus-y brown thing. They toon hcg levels today and I should hear in a few hours.

I really likes the midwife. She was very kind and I like the way she spoke with me. Basically she said that my levels and my ultrasound tell two very different stories. She said I am basically back in the same waiting game and I go back in for my 8 week appt next Wednesday where I will see again if baby has grown.

I am trying to be happy in this moment of being pregnant and having heard my baby's heartbeat. What will be will be.

Thank you all for your continued support!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 20
So glad everything looks good so far! Praying everything continues to go well!

Im so glad your scan looked good i really hope your hcg numbers continue to rise fx for you

Update at 7+5. My 8 week ultrasound is tomorrow. I think I know in my gut what the answer will be. I've been continually spotting still. I just know. But I also know it's not over until an ultrasound says so.

I think what is the hardest is that everyone around me is trying to remain positive while in my heart and soul I no longer feel pregnant. I just feel it. And no one else can feel that too. Just hoping for answers tomorrow afternoon so I can finally move forward.

I will make sure to update tomorrow.

I'm going thru the same thing right now, as I've been spotting brown since nov.26. They said my levels were okay but hb was low at 102. Just waiting too. Good luck at ur scan, let us know how it goes.

Hoping everything goes well. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you the best. I had a big bleed and then spotted for 2 weeks afterwards. Just saw my baby last night with a HB of 160. I have/had a subchorionic bleed which was the cause of the bleeding/spotting.

My symptoms also disappeared but then came back around 7 weeks.

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow! Fx

Good luck for your scan tomorrow, never give up hope, i will be thinking of you xxx

I hope you get good news tomorrow and will look for your update :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"