A rocky and unsure start to my pregnancy (scan info/pic)(update 12/11 p3)

Shock. Pure shock. We went in fully prepared for no heartbeat. I've had low hcg that barely doubled in two weeks. Complete loss of symptoms. And bleeding. Bright red, dark red and brown for days. All of these signs pointed to one thing.

And yet there was a little bean. Measuring at 7+1. Bean dated ahead a day from what they expected from last time. Heartbeat of 150 bpm. Everything looks textbook great.

I just don't believe it. I don't feel pregnant anymore. I have been having significant bleeding. And yet, the bean grew. Better than expected. I had fully prepared for an mc. Every bone in my body felt it. And now I am told all is fine. Bleeding must just be implantation. I'm trying to figure out how to feel. I'm smiling one moment and scared to heck the next that I will still have a poor result in a few weeks, only to have been given false hope this week.

Midwife was lovely. She asked me to come back in two weeks, on Dec. 24 for a reassurance heartbeat check. I'm trying to wrap my mind around getting used to the fact that I am still pregnant and as far as they can see it's okay. But at the bottom of it all, deep down, beneath all the shock, I am so unbelievably happy I still have a fighting chance of holding my baby in July.

Has anyone else had such a rocky and unsure start?

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and hopes. Xoxo

Wonderful news!!! So happy for you!! I know that you still have some apprehension, and unfortunately, there are never any guarantee's, but just take a DEEP BREATH and BREATHE!! My mom had bleeding all throughout her pg with my sister. Stop worrying, I know it's hard, but there are so many things that could go wrong, that it will drive you crazy to think about it all the time.
Do something fun baby related. Focus on the joy!

Congrats!

Great news! Try not to worry - your little bean is a fighter!

I am very very happy for you :) sometimes in pregnancy there is just unexplained cases of bleeding.. do not worry :) everything will be OK xx

My bean :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 13
That is awesome! You just have to stay positive!
So happy for you!

That's such great news! I've been following your thread and holding my breath hoping for good news. So glad to hear your nugget is snuggling in and all is well. Hoping your next scan us even more wonderful!

Great news!! I had diminishing symptoms at around 6-7 weeks and feared the worst. I had a moderately big bleed at week 5 and then continued to spot pink and brown for 2 weeks. I was diagnosed with a small subchorionic hemorrhage (sch) and it was bleeding out. At my last scan (this past Monday) my doctor couldn't really find any remnants of the SCH and said it must be healing, or already healed up.

Did you ask about a SCH? That's the the #1 most common reason for bleeds (even really BIG long drawn out ones) during early pregnancy. They normally clear up by 20 weeks.

Aww!!! I am so so happy for you! I've been really hoping you'd get great news!! Congrats and hope you have a wonderful rest of your pregnancy!

SO happy to hear of your good result!!! Keeping everything crossed for you going forward.

So so happy for you, been almost scared to check this thread xxx

Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your little bean! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back