a sleep breakthrough!?

T

tinytoes

i dont want to jinx things....BUT....since Teddy was really poorly over the weekend I think he's figured out that sleep is not his enemy.
Firstly yesterday day I was trying to bounce / rock him to take a nap. Well, he wouldnt go off and my legs were killing me so I gave in adn sat him on my knee in front of tv (cbbees). After literally 2 minutes of staring at the screan he rolled over on my lap, snugled his face into my jumper and went to sleep. It was like he made the consious decision to close his eyes and to go to sleep. This in itself is a breakthrough in itself, I've ALWAYS had to rock him until he cant stay awake and his eyes get so heavy they slide shut.
Anyways he did this twice yesterday.
And the last night he went to bed and woke half an hour later (as usual) and instead of immediately crying he lay there wide awake but calm adn looking about, and then occasionally snuggling down into his blanket (we have a camera linked to the tv in the living room so we were spying on him!!). He didnt actually go off to sleep for 10 minutes later I went and so I went and rocked him as usual.
Then tonight he went to bed, woke a while later as usual and then (HOOOORAAAAH!) went off to sleep again all on his own! It is a major breakthrough!!!!!!! It has never ever happened before that I havent been up and down the stairs since putting him to bed and going to bed myself.He just snuggled into his blanket and wham, gone! HOOORAy!

And I never did the letting him cry it out thing as I just couldnt. I'm hoping it's just his age. Or the sheer exhaustion his illness caused in him! lol.
Either way, I'm one happy mummy tonight!!

Thats great! He's very clever to work out that sleep is his friend!

Also... SO jealous! I want a camera to spy on Jasper! He's such a cutie when he's sleeping, I'd love to be able to spy! Be cool if you could split screen the television, so have him in the corner of the screen and just watch normal tv as well.

Well done Ted!

Hope he keeps it up :)

YAY! Maya has a cold at the moment and for the last two nights she has slept for up to 12 hours and is falling asleep with no protest when I snuggle her into me in the day. Maybe the cold does the trick - hope it lasts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->