a sleepy premmie

dippy

Reaction score
anyones premmies sleep alot especially when they get to 34 weeks and +. is that normal? my lo is always sleepin........

Yes my lo slept most of the time right up until we brought her home around her due date. Even then she still slept quite a bit. She is 16 weeks corrected and now making up for all that sleeping lol :dohh:

Molly was always asleep! They need to grow and catch up!

Yes, very sleepy! :) Just make sure you're waking them enough to eat. Other than that, let them sleep when they need it! :)

my LO was born at 36 weeks, he did nothing but sleep....we had to wet his feet and strip him bare to wake him to feed!!! that was 6 weeks ago, he still likes sleeping but he is far less sleepy. You LO will wake up.....they just need to catch up!!! xxxx

Mikayla slept all the time for MONTHS!!!! She is still a big sleeper now at 18 months. She has 12 straight hours at night and 3-4 in the day :sleep:

i suppose they need all the sleep they can get as they ahve to catch up.thanks for replies ladies. xxx

Whilst they are sleeping they are growing. In NNICU, Abby was rarely awake. Even in SCBU she slept most of the time. Once she was home she remained on her 3 hour schedule. Up, feed, play for 45 minutes, sleep for 2 and a quarter hours. They just don't have the stamina for any more than that.

Right up until about 4 months ago, she struggled being up for more than and hour and a half at a time. At the moment we can just about take her to 3 hours before she is whinging for a sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->