A taxi on your own...

I wouldnt feel comfortable getting into a taxi by myself... i only got taxis with friends but if im alone (very rarely) i get public transport although DH offers to pick me up.

I just feel more comfortable on the bus then i would do with a cab driver :-\

I used to get taxis nearly every day when i worked 14 hour shifts and I've never had a problem. I hated getting the bus as I almost always end up sitting next to a weirdo! :rofl:

What I hate to see is people trying to hail non black cab taxis or even random cars in the street at night. It is illegal for them to pick people up who haven't booked. I would not trust someone who was wiling to break the law to make extra cash off book it amazes me how many people I see doing this. I always book directly with the taxi firm and they text me a description and the number plate of the car I am getting in.

I use licensed Taxis, the same firm everytime and they ring me once when they are arriving at the destination. They also can be tracked via an iphone app.

I HATE getting taxis alone and its very rarely I get them. Id never get them alone at night, thats just me though

I have done yeah and would in the future if I needed to. I usually just make small talk with the driver, never had any problems personally but I can understand how a previous bad experiences could make someone wary.

Licensed taxis yes (including London black cabs). I would NEVER take an unlicensed minicab by myself.

I wouldn't get in a taxi on my own. Don't know why, i just wouldn't be comfortable c

thinking of this thread today....i watched well over 100 people get into taxis in dundee and i can honestly say about 50% were women travelling alone

its totally normal/common here

Yeah I have to say I am really surprised by how many people on here are nervous to take licensed cabs, it's really not something I have ever thought twice about. I have had some amazing conversations in late night cab journeys, one listened to my relationship woes once and told me to dump my dickhead bf and I actually did what he said :haha:

thinking of this thread today....i watched well over 100 people get into taxis in dundee and i can honestly say about 50% were women travelling alone

its totally normal/common here

I'm up in Aberdeen and it's normal here too. Wouldn't think twice about getting a taxi from the taxi rank after a night out.

I do normally talk on the phone though.

Deffo normal here (London) too x

Normal here too :) I use taxis quite a lot as I don't drive and I've never had a bad experience nor do I know anyone who has. I'm in Manchester :) Maybe its different in different places but here its deffo the norm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->