A Thread for mums like this... Please Join in xxx

Ditto :)

I am a:
Routine - Although he started it, if he sleeps through Im fine with him being the boss :haha:
Formula Feeding
Jar food Feeding - Not quite at that stge but have seriously stocked up :blush:
Traditional weaning
Non-Wearing - Tried it once at football, carrying 9/10lbs after a c sec = bad idea lol
Non co-sleeping - If OH is at work I am very tempted though haha
Disposable nappy

Why is it theres always a new style, theory etc which leaves other methods to be criticised, aslong as Samuels happy were happy too :) x

Is forward facing in a pram considered wrong or something? I've never seen a pram that faces the other way, well not one that is in the price range that most people can afford.

I don't formula feed but I do most of the rest.

Yes, some people feel that parent facing prams are better as the child has better interaction with you whilst your pushing him/her etc....

In our case, Aymen loves looking around, smiling and gurgling at strangers, i just could never consider parent facing....besides....im a minger and i wouldnt wanna have to put him thru looking at me all day sometimes :lol:

Louppey - That sooooo doesnt count as co-sleeping... i think we can all admit to doing that for a layin every now and them... true that i do get kicked and punched in the face if i try it tho haha...

Sapphire - Love the poo comment proper made me laugh...

And i also forward face in both pram and car, and Macie has been in her nursery since she was 5 months hehe. xx

I occassionally co-sleep in the morning if I want an extra hour in bed :blush:

Haha,just like me! I don't know why I bother though, Holly usually just punches me in the face and pokes me in the eyes :wacko:
I do TW but make some of my own purees (but I hate it lol)
Disposable nappies - I know it's killing the planet but I would rather put poo in the bin than the washing machine.
I did buy a sling, and a baby carrier, but Holly hates them both :dohh:
I wanted to BF but madam was having none of it, so FF it is.
I also have no routine whatsoever. This has nothing to do with being baby led, but I like to go out and about and not worry what time I have to be back for bathtime.

Can I still join?

Haha Coralie can't do this cause she's swaddled!!! I'm a mean mummy :haha:

Yes, some people feel that parent facing prams are better as the child has better interaction with you whilst your pushing him/her etc....

In our case, Aymen loves looking around, smiling and gurgling at strangers, i just could never consider parent facing....besides....im a minger and i wouldnt wanna have to put him thru looking at me all day sometimes :lol:

Oh gee, yet another thing to feel bad about, now I have to worry I'm neglecting Thomas as he can't see me while we walk :haha:.

Thomas loves looking around too, he would be craning his head side to side if he had to stare at my wobbly old cow boobs while we were walking!

My little man is 16 weeks and is always having a nose around, my buggy goes front facing and parent facing but I just haven't got the guts to turn him round yet! He's prob thinking... Mum, I'm tired of your face! But I feel like he might not nap if I put him to the front and sometimes it's the only way... Especially at 4pm fussy time!! Xx

Without sounding stupid, where on earth do you get a forward facing pram ? Do you mean a push chair/buggy ? I thought all prams were parent facing ? I actually prefer the parent facing as I can check on him without having to walk in front of the pushchair lol, It just depends on mine and OH's mood which one he goes in haha x

I call a pushchair/buggy a pram. Mine reclines flat for newborns/sleeping then has a few upright positions for sitting.

It has a clear window things in the canopy so I can see what Thomas is doing.

Louppey - That sooooo doesnt count as co-sleeping... i think we can all admit to doing that for a layin every now and them... true that i do get kicked and punched in the face if i try it tho haha...

Sapphire - Love the poo comment proper made me laugh...

And i also forward face in both pram and car, and Macie has been in her nursery since she was 5 months hehe. xx

Thanks MilitaryMummy! It's actually nice to know i'm not the only mummy who does that. I occasionally feel a little guilty but sometimes I just need the extra hour LOL!

I call a pushchair/buggy a pram. Mine reclines flat for newborns/sleeping then has a few upright positions for sitting.

It has a clear window things in the canopy so I can see what Thomas is doing.

Mine too! I had to put a muslin over it the other day to try and help him nap as he was looking around but so tired... My husband asked how my budgie was?! Cheeky git... LO was asleep in 30 seconds! Xx

Without sounding stupid, where on earth do you get a forward facing pram ? Do you mean a push chair/buggy ? I thought all prams were parent facing ? I actually prefer the parent facing as I can check on him without having to walk in front of the pushchair lol, It just depends on mine and OH's mood which one he goes in haha x

I say pram, but i mean a pushchair...Here is ours that is forward facing:

https://www.mypushchair.co.uk/petite-star-ziaTN.jpg

When did everyone start weaning??
im goin to do i soon as shes on 8oz 4/5times a day now!
also shes a big bubba, she was 9 lb 12oz when she was born! getting her weighed on thursday so it'll be interesting to see what she is now but 3 weeks ago she was 12lb 12oz! xxx

The Quinny Buzz 3 also faces both ways .. I do prefer parent facing to be honest x

also shes a big bubba, she was 9 lb 12oz when she was born! getting her weighed on thursday so it'll be interesting to see what she is now but 3 weeks ago she was 12lb 12oz! xxx

I started weaning at 17 weeks exactly :)

The Quinny Buzz 3 also faces both ways .. I do prefer parent facing to be honest x

Dya wanna fight about it ...huh? Huh? :lol:

Thats cool, each to there own and all that....I wont take it to heart :haha:

Yeah thats what im thinking by the time she starts getting hungry, after 8oz then ill put her onto aptamil baby porridge and baby rice. cuz thats what u start them off on ay?

Yeah thats what im thinking by the time she starts getting hungry, after 8oz then ill put her onto aptamil baby porridge and baby rice. cuz thats what u start them off on ay?

To be honest, I skipped the baby rice and went straight onto fruit and veg purees. The first meal I gave her was sweet potato, and she loved it! Now she has sweet potato, carrot, brocolli, parsnip, apple & prune.

She seems to love her food and has a paddy when it's gone! I'm bringing up a little horror :haha:

She has apple & prune puree for brekkie (one ice cube portion), a veg portion for lunch and a veg for dinner. I'm considering upping the portions soon as she always wants more :shock: I feel a little uneasy about upping them so soon but her milk intake has gone up (whereas she was dropping feeds) and she's getting nice and chunky again :)

Have you ever seen Away we go? This bit makes me laugh :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6CMxvwRA-o

Anyway I probably shouldnt be in this thread, sorry girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->