A Thread for mums like this... Please Join in xxx

I am all those things except not sure about the jars thing as every jar I have smelt has made me want to puke! Especially cow & gate jars lol! bleurgh!

Oh and I was a baby wearing mommy but now I have a big pudding girl who weighs a ton I think I've given that up!

That sounds alot like me!...

I'd love LO to be in a routine, we are slowing getting there.
Formula Fed from day one
Recently started weaning (due to reflux) -
Just on porridge atm but I will probably most of he time purée whatever I eat, OH works away.
Disposible nappies
Non co sleeping
Not sure what is meant by traditional weaning and non-wearing

xxx

im a :

jar feeding - she hates anything i cook and she luvs the jars - cow and gate only.
disposable nappy wearing
sorta of a routine
cows milk drinking, used to FF

didnt baby wear, shes too heavy and my back is fucked

im a :

jar feeding - she hates anything i cook and she luvs the jars - cow and gate only.
disposable nappy wearing
sorta of a routine
cows milk drinking, used to FF

didnt baby wear, shes too heavy and my back is fucked

Iceylou, I didn't think babies were allowed cows milk til they were 1? I'm not having a go at all i'm just interested. The sooner I can get my LO off the expensive FF the better LOL :haha:

switched her onto it at 6mths ish, gp said it would be better for her as he thought she might bloat out from the formula like her brother did.

Yeah, lots of mommas like me!

I am...

-Routine LOVING
-Formula feeding (combo fed for first 6 weeks, though)
-Not cosleeping (baby sleeps in her own bed in her own room for 12 hours straight every night - she ONLY started sleeping through that long when we moved her from our room!)
-Not baby wearing (tried the Moby but LO was not a fan....)
-Disposable diaper loving (I'm in the U.S.) :)

i am a routine led, FF, Disposable nappy and sometimes jar food feeder. went did tradtional weaning as needed to get the stuff in him to control the reflux but nowadays he will only feed himself so i just give him a mini buffet and let him chow it down.

i baby wear but not completely by choice. he hates the pushchair. more for peace!

ohh i like this i am a

roughly routine lead
FF
BLW
part cloth part sposie
sometimes baby wearing
non co sleeper

mummy!! :)

I'm a..

routine led
Formula feeding
Non-sleeping (she's slept in her cot from an early age, and slept through since 3 months)
Using Disposables
Traditional & BLW
Used jars from 4-6 months but now she has all home cooked foods.
Oh and not baby wearing

:)

Also, don't know if there is anyone else like this out here, but I occasionally now let my LO cry it out when she is overtired. She doesn't like me to bounce her around, rock her, jiggle her, or otherwise force her to sleep when she gets overtired/hysterical - I just make it worse. She just wants to lay down, blow off steam, and fall asleep. If I try to force her to sleep, it could take hours. If I put her down, she will fall asleep after maybe 5-10 minutes of crying.

Any other mommas like this or am I totally alone??

Not meaning to take over the thread....just wondering if there are any mommas like me. But I'm not intending for this to become a debate thread over whether or not it is okay to let a baby cry for a few minutes.:wacko:

Also, don't know if there is anyone else like this out here, but I occasionally now let my LO cry it out when she is overtired. She doesn't like me to bounce her around, rock her, jiggle her, or otherwise force her to sleep when she gets overtired/hysterical - I just make it worse. She just wants to lay down, blow off steam, and fall asleep. If I try to force her to sleep, it could take hours. If I put her down, she will fall asleep after maybe 5-10 minutes of crying.

I don't let her cry, but if she's just whinging and tired, I leave her to work it out of her own system for a few minutes.

I'll always comfort her when crying, but with the aim of getting her to wind down and go to sleep. If she's tired, I rarely pick her up though - I'll sssh her and give her a dummy and that usually does the trick.

HA! I love it! We adore routine but our routines (ie rituals) happen on a baby-led time schedule, don't co-sleep, rarely baby-wear anymore and when we do its with a baby bjorn, we use disposable diapers, traditional wean with pride and formula feed to boot. The only one we don't do is the jar food, but I think all in all I fit in just fine on this thread.

Consequently our son, the apple of our eye - is happy, healthy, thriving, is attached to us and is both loving and loved.

I think the only place you really get pressured to adopt any partcular parenting style is on baby forums on the internet - in real life most people are busy with their own business and couldn't care less about such debates :winkwink:

I don't let her cry, but if she's just whinging and tired, I leave her to work it out of her own system for a few minutes.

I'll always comfort her when crying, but with the aim of getting her to wind down and go to sleep. If she's tired, I rarely pick her up though - I'll sssh her and give her a dummy and that usually does the trick.

Thats what we do too. We pick our son up if he's really crying, otherwise we comfort him in his crib and stay wtih him rubbing his tummy if he's really struggling to get off to sleep. However if he's just fussing a bit or whinging when we wont run over right away but give him a chance to sort it out first.

I do hun, I did from around 16weeks. Sometimes she gets so overtired nothing I do will calm her and get her to sleep, it just gets her more worked up. So I give her a cuddle and tuck her in and leave her to it xx

:hi: me!
Although I pumped for 8 weeks and did some blw.

edit: we are also doing erf

Do you all plan to be the same type of mommy next time around?

(don't mean "type" in a bad way!!)

I didnt know there were so many of us!!!

I Formula Feed
Jar Feed( with a bit of finger food too)
Use Disposable Nappies
Don't co sleep
Don't babywear
CIO a little (not if she was hysterical though)
we are quite routined, but relaxed about it!
FF pushchair
FF Carseat

It works for us!

I think I belong here, I ;

FF
have a routine
LO is in his nursery SSTN
TW (don't use jars though)
use disposable nappies
don't babywear
use a FF carseat

Do you all plan to be the same type of mommy next time around?

(don't mean "type" in a bad way!!)

I plan to use disposable nappies, FF and attempt to get nto a routine but it just depends on what my next LO is like. I'll follow his/her lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->