A Thread for mums like this... Please Join in xxx

:rofl:

Thank for that Lou ... Now get out of here :haha:

I have never considered a buggy that lies down, as a pram. I always assumed a pram is something that faces you with a carrycot type thing.

You learn something new everyday :) x

Hi I'm Charlotte and I am a formula feeding jar-feeding mummy.

Ha ha it's like admitting your an alcoholic or something!

When did everyone start weaning??
im goin to do i soon as shes on 8oz 4/5times a day now!
also shes a big bubba, she was 9 lb 12oz when she was born! getting her weighed on thursday so it'll be interesting to see what she is now but 3 weeks ago she was 12lb 12oz! xxx

I started weaning at 17 weeks exactly :)

Yeah thats what im thinking by the time she starts getting hungry, after 8oz then ill put her onto aptamil baby porridge and baby rice. cuz thats what u start them off on ay?

To be honest, I skipped the baby rice and went straight onto fruit and veg purees. The first meal I gave her was sweet potato, and she loved it! Now she has sweet potato, carrot, brocolli, parsnip, apple & prune.

She seems to love her food and has a paddy when it's gone! I'm bringing up a little horror :haha:

She has apple & prune puree for brekkie (one ice cube portion), a veg portion for lunch and a veg for dinner. I'm considering upping the portions soon as she always wants more :shock: I feel a little uneasy about upping them so soon but her milk intake has gone up (whereas she was dropping feeds) and she's getting nice and chunky again :)

Aww brilliant!! Iwas just going to do the puree's myself too. there is so much advice ggoing about ay!! do u make ur own? or get the puree jars??

also shes a big bubba, she was 9 lb 12oz when she was born! getting her weighed on thursday so it'll be interesting to see what she is now but 3 weeks ago she was 12lb 12oz! xxx

Yeah thats what im thinking by the time she starts getting hungry, after 8oz then ill put her onto aptamil baby porridge and baby rice. cuz thats what u start them off on ay?

To be honest, I skipped the baby rice and went straight onto fruit and veg purees. The first meal I gave her was sweet potato, and she loved it! Now she has sweet potato, carrot, brocolli, parsnip, apple & prune.

She seems to love her food and has a paddy when it's gone! I'm bringing up a little horror :haha:

She has apple & prune puree for brekkie (one ice cube portion), a veg portion for lunch and a veg for dinner. I'm considering upping the portions soon as she always wants more :shock: I feel a little uneasy about upping them so soon but her milk intake has gone up (whereas she was dropping feeds) and she's getting nice and chunky again :)

Aww brilliant!! Iwas just going to do the puree's myself too. there is so much advice ggoing about ay!! do u make ur own? or get the puree jars??

I make my own! It's easy tbh, and I reckon way cheaper than buying the jars. I wouldn't be adverse to buying a jar though, it's just my LO would no way take a whole jar yet so I would worry about waste.

The sweet potato, I just bunged it in the oven still in it's skin for about an hour on 180 I think, can't remember how long it took but I just left it til it was nice n soft like a jacket potato. Then I peeled off the skin with my hands and pushed the flesh through a seive.

The parsnip, carrot, brocolli and apple I peeled (where appropriate), chopped up and popped in the steamer. Think the veg took 30 mins, the apple 20. I guess it depends on how much you've rammed in there. Again, I just pushed it through a seive with one of those bendy plastic spatula things.

The prunes I bought in a tin, so didn't need cooking, just straight through the trusty seive LOL

I freeze everything in flexi ice cube trays (from lakeland) and when it's frozen just transfer it into bags. Tbh i've probably spent no longer than a couple of hours sorting it all out (not incl cooking time) and I have enough for the next few weeks, unless madam suddenly gets super greedy :haha:

It's so convenient to just pop one portion in a pot & defrost it for a minute :thumbup:

I am a:
Routine following (works wonders for us, I would never do it any other way.)
Formula Feeding (did try to BF though)
Jar food Feeding (did half jar and half homemade, nothing whatsoever wrong with jars).
Traditional weaning (I researched BLW but it never made any sense to me).
Non-Wearing (never appealed to me. Buggy all the way!)
Non co-sleeping (sorry but my bed is my haven away from children, he was in a cot by my bed for 8 months though but never in it)
Non parent facing (I am of the school of thought that says he sees enough of me already it's nice for him to see the outside world a bit).
Disposable nappy using mum!
I do ERF though and am raising LO vegetarian but that's my only non traditional thing really.
And apart from trying to BF again if I had another one I would not change any of it!

i started weaning Macie at about 41/2 months (on docs orders) as she's a reflux baby grrrrrr lol. Just gave her abit of 4+months baby porridge each day in the morning lol. Just to get her used to it xx

Can I see everyone's sleep routines for 6-9 months old? I seriously need help with naps

I bought a Loola especially for the fact that it parent faces, but Macy won't sleep when she's parent facing so I turned her round most of the time anyway as I wanted her to nap and if she wasn't tired she'd be craning her neck and arching her back to turn around and see what's going on so I just sold the Loola bought a forward facing only pram :) I love it, it's a big 3 wheeler and only cost me £26.50 on ebay including postage!!!

For anyone who really does want to parent face though you can pick up a Loola on ebay for around £60 delivered but I really don't think it matters.

Lellow you are so not a minger, I've seen your pics!!!!!!!

Sapphire - loved the poo comment too, I choked on my coffee laughing haha

So does anyone get any extra sleep when you bring your baby into bed in the morning?? Macy sometimes gets up at 6 and I'm shattered so trying bringing her into bed but she just thinks it's playtime and then gets annoyed at me if I don't stand her up and bounce her on the mattress lol.

MilitaryMummy when does Macie nap?? (I have a Macy too - I like your spelling better though!!)

BethK you sound like my type of Mummy!

Bex where about in scotland r u from??? i would change to hungry baby milk and just hang in there until 17weeks and then start weaning!

xx

I make my own! It's easy tbh, and I reckon way cheaper than buying the jars. I wouldn't be adverse to buying a jar though, it's just my LO would no way take a whole jar yet so I would worry about waste.

The sweet potato, I just bunged it in the oven still in it's skin for about an hour on 180 I think, can't remember how long it took but I just left it til it was nice n soft like a jacket potato. Then I peeled off the skin with my hands and pushed the flesh through a seive.

The parsnip, carrot, brocolli and apple I peeled (where appropriate), chopped up and popped in the steamer. Think the veg took 30 mins, the apple 20. I guess it depends on how much you've rammed in there. Again, I just pushed it through a seive with one of those bendy plastic spatula things.

The prunes I bought in a tin, so didn't need cooking, just straight through the trusty seive LOL

I freeze everything in flexi ice cube trays (from lakeland) and when it's frozen just transfer it into bags. Tbh i've probably spent no longer than a couple of hours sorting it all out (not incl cooking time) and I have enough for the next few weeks, unless madam suddenly gets super greedy :haha:

It's so convenient to just pop one portion in a pot & defrost it for a minute :thumbup:

Ohh that method sounds brilliant!! :) i think thats the way im going to go when she starts on puree!! :) thanks for all your advice! means i can start stocking up on icetrays n bags n that :) xxxx

btw - Loving this thread :)

I am a:
Routine following (works wonders for us, I would never do it any other way.)
Formula Feeding (did try to BF though)
Jar food Feeding (did half jar and half homemade, nothing whatsoever wrong with jars).
Traditional weaning (I researched BLW but it never made any sense to me).
Non-Wearing (never appealed to me. Buggy all the way!)
Non co-sleeping (sorry but my bed is my haven away from children, he was in a cot by my bed for 8 months though but never in it)
Non parent facing (I am of the school of thought that says he sees enough of me already it's nice for him to see the outside world a bit).
Disposable nappy using mum!
I do ERF though and am raising LO vegetarian but that's my only non traditional thing really.
And apart from trying to BF again if I had another one I would not change any of it!

I started off breastfeeding but she was SUCH A HUNGRY girl and i wasn't producing enough... and she was loosing weight so quite frankly.... i gave up!!!! went onto formula as i felt that was best for Macie xx

Oh my god this is me!!!

Apart from, I will make my own purees (will use jars if out and about), and I do have a baby carrier but more for when I am out with both kids and my 6year old is in a wheelchair so it is a necessity!!!

I am a:

Routine-ish
Formula Feeding
Jar food Feeding
Traditional weaning
Non-Wearing
Non co-sleeping
Disposable nappy
Will be early weaner
Non parent facing
Dummy using...

Team Member and Proud :happydance: Oh and I do co-sleep after 1st feed in the morning when I want an extra hour .... or 3 :flower:

xxx

This is me too! But i will me making most of my own food because it will cost a small fortune to feed the twins jars all the tim ( i will use them when out and about though!) I also co sleep occasionally if the babies are unsettled but i hate doing it and dont if i can help it xx

I can sort of join!?

Routine- we are both so much happier when in a routine, but she sort of set it herself!
Formula Feeding- BF for 2 weeks, FF after that
Jar food Feeding- She has what we have now she's older but I did a mixture of homemade purees and jars when first weaning. She has jars when out and about or if we're having something she can't like a takeaway or if I can't be bothered to cook lol
Traditional weaning- Weaned at 4.5 months, mixture of homemade purees and jars!
Non-Wearing- I did wear her in a sling when she had colic up until 3 months, but not since
Non co-sleeping- I used to co sleep for a while (again when she had colic) but only because she wouldn't sleep anywhere else! Now she is firmly in her cot!
Disposable nappy- Yep!

Oh and I do a bit of forward facing a bit of parent facing, depending on my mood. I get lonely if she's forward facing so sometimes face her to me, but my Cherry does both ways so I mix it up a bit as she likes being able to see out too!

x

Ohh that method sounds brilliant!! :) i think thats the way im going to go when she starts on puree!! :) thanks for all your advice! means i can start stocking up on icetrays n bags n that :) xxxx

btw - Loving this thread :)

No worries hun :)

I have the annabel karmel book, how to feed your baby & toddler. Can't recommend it enough :thumbup:

Hey! I want to join too. I do all of the above. And my babies are very routined, i like to know if im coming or goin.

Tried to be a super mum and make Zachs food, brought about 279536482947467 ice cube trays, and he hates anything i make. He hates jars. The only thing he will eat is Ellas Kitchen pouches which cost me a small fortune.

High Five traditional mummies :)

I breastfeed,co-sleep and am babyled,however I used jars to start with,dont babywear much and have 2 buggies,1 facing each way.Owen has a dummy too,and wears disposable nappies.
What does that make me?
Do you have to be one way or the other?Im a middly I guess.:shrug:

Me too!!

I am a
Formula feeding
Traditional weaning
Non baby wearing
Non co-sleeping
Disposable nappy using Mummy of a happy, healthy and very loved little boy!

Hi My name is Samantha and
I am working on not cosleeping (she does occasionally but it's been really cold here so she'd be up all night fussing about being cold)
BFing but she's set her own schedule and definite times set for next feeds if she has a bottle of EBM
Going to be weaning when she's old enough (had rice cereal in a bottle already!)
Will be forward facing in her stroller and carseat (when she's old enough)
I will probably make SOME (not all- not at all!!) of her food but mostly jar fed
I baby wear with a carrier but it's easier for me (i'm 5ft tall and carrying the car seat is a pain)

I'm not so super traditional but I don't judge!

Can I join I do all those things too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"