A Thread for mums like this... Please Join in xxx

I do all those things, except, I did breastfeed because I'm too lazy to do all that faff with bottles. You ladies who FF deserve a medal for that!

And we made our own jars cos Abby couldn't have milk stuff and they pretty much all have milk in them.

But, I can counteract all that "good" stuff with the fact we sleep trained at 4 months :thumbup: and did not run to every cry she made as a baby either.

And to make matters worse, we didn't even start out with "good" intentions, we always knew we'd do all those things that many here will look down their noses at.

My baby is happy. We are happy and that's all that matters.

Oh gosh, I'm quite jealous! I'd love to have a routine but I'm too disorganised and shattered to implement it, I'd love to spend a night with the bed to myself (co-sleep in a single bed, often can't sleep due to lack of space) but I've had hourly wakings so it's felt like my only choice at times and I'm too lazy to make purees so just weaning LO on whatever we eat! I've been meaning to sterilise a bottle for about 7 months now but never got round to it so LO never took a bottle so i'm still breastfeeding even though i'd love to have weaned him onto formula! Ha ha, guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum cuz I'm plain lazy!

I felt like this at the start thought I'd never get her in to a routine especially as she had quite bad silent reflux and screamed all day lol. She also fed on demand a lot in the beginning cos of the reflux was shattering, but around 3 months I started doing bath, bottle, bed and put her to be still awake. She's brilliant at going to bed now (though a little sod at naptimes but I leave her to CIO -cry it out - and she does go to sleep).

:flower:

I do all those things, except, I did breastfeed because I'm too lazy to do all that faff with bottles. You ladies who FF deserve a medal for that!And we made our own jars cos Abby couldn't have milk stuff and they pretty much all have milk in them.

But, I can counteract all that "good" stuff with the fact we sleep trained at 4 months :thumbup: and did not run to every cry she made as a baby either.

And to make matters worse, we didn't even start out with "good" intentions, we always knew we'd do all those things that many here will look down their noses at.

My baby is happy. We are happy and that's all that matters.

it is a bloody faff lol - I wanted to breastfeed but had a pretty traumatic delivery and lost a lot of blood the boob juice never came in boo! But she took well to formula though thankfully!

Oh I dont go in to Ava if she cries either unless she sounds in distress or its been 30 mins and she's still not asleep then I get up and go feed her usually happens during growth spurts or teething though x

Yay a thread I fit in
We have a routine
Jar feed
Formula feed
Use disposible nappies
TW
Non baby wearing
non co sleeping
Put baby in own room at 3 months
Let him watch a bit of TV

Me, me, me. I'm that kind of mummy! Kind of. Well, I had a baby carrier? But only used it like twice? So does that count? And we've giving Shaun a few finger foods now and again?

We use SMA. Only cos it's the cheapest.

LO had a lot of bother with milk when she was younger, we went through every brand. She ended up on Neocate (prescription amino-acid hypoallergenic based mik) for a while and when I was changing back to normal formula the paediatrician told me they are all the same (they have to be by law) just a few minor differences so just to pick up the cheapest and she's been fine on it ever since. I think the consistencies suit different babies - I think SMA is slightly thicker so it's better for LO's reflux but I've heard a few people say it made their LO constipated. Also heard that Cow+Gate has made a few sick but not heard anything about Aptamil yet!!

Finally got my routine sorted, ended up using CC, was awful but it worked, glad the cyrings over now though! LO now sleeps 7-7 ish, another nap from 9-10.30/11, 1ish-2.30ish and 5-5.30ish. She still seems a bit tired in between though - yawning and eye rubbing but I can distract her, should I be putting her down for naps earlier - it just seems like an awful lot of sleep for a 7month old!!

Is anyone else like me?? I couldn't really give a crap how other people bring their babies up, I see all these threads about seeing toddlers drink coke, eat mcdonalds blah blah and I just think "so what!!!" So I wouldn't allow it but they're not my children and right now it's not causing them any harm and I can't change it so why should I even bother stressing over it??
xx

Me, me, me. I'm that kind of mummy! Kind of. Well, I had a baby carrier? But only used it like twice? So does that count? And we've giving Shaun a few finger foods now and again?

Similar! We have a carrier but only for outdoors, he hates being indoors in it :haha: i've only had him in it a few times too as its always chucking it down here and i like the pram basket for my shopping bags! We also give him finger food but spoon feed him "mush" as some like to say :dance::munch: OOH just realised its you! lol

I breastfed for 7 weeks... then went onto apatamil first milk, then tried SMA Staydown because of Macie's Reflux but it didnt make abit of difference so put her back on aptamil. Now she's on Aptamil follow on 6+ lol.

I cant believe how popular this thread has been.... i really did think there wasnt that many of us!!!! lol.
I have a baby carrier got it out the box and put it strait back in haha.

Macie has been in a routing since birth pretty much (well a night routine anyway) then the main routine kicked in once she was fully on the bottle! so 8 weeks haha. And she hates being out of her routine now! lol. xx

Meeeeeeeeee Im all them things and was the same with ds1 too :)..Do I double qualify? hehe x

Macy had a lot of bother with milk when she was younger, we went through every brand. She ended up on Neocate (prescription amino-acid hypoallergenic based mik) for a while and when I was changing back to normal formula the paediatrician told me they are all the same (they have to be by law) just a few minor differences so just to pick up the cheapest and she's been fine on it ever since. I think the consistencies suit different babies - I think SMA is slightly thicker so it's better for Macy's reflux but I've heard a few people say it made their LO constipated. Also heard that Cow+Gate has made a few sick but not heard anything about Aptamil yet!!

Finally got my routine sorted, ended up using CC, was awful but it worked, glad the cyrings over now though! Macy now sleeps 7-7 ish, another nap from 9-10.30/11, 1ish-2.30ish and 5-5.30ish. She still seems a bit tired in between though - yawning and eye rubbing but I can distract her, should I be putting her down for naps earlier - it just seems like an awful lot of sleep for a 7month old!!

Is anyone else like me?? I couldn't really give a crap how other people bring their babies up, I see all these threads about seeing toddlers drink coke, eat mcdonalds blah blah and I just think "so what!!!" So I wouldn't allow it but they're not my children and right now it's not causing them any harm and I can't change it so why should I even bother stressing over it??
xx

Me I dont care to be honest ..I have enough of my own stuff to cope with am not gonna stress about other peoples lives! :)

I'm kind of this mummy!
We have a routine, she set it herslf and it works for us. We formula feed, he first two feeds were from the best but decided it wasn't for us. We do a mix of TW & BLW. Had a carrier that we used for a bit but I hated it. Co-slept until 8 months, not out of choice, it was the only way she would sleep. We use disposables.

Macy had a lot of bother with milk when she was younger, we went through every brand. She ended up on Neocate (prescription amino-acid hypoallergenic based mik) for a while and when I was changing back to normal formula the paediatrician told me they are all the same (they have to be by law) just a few minor differences so just to pick up the cheapest and she's been fine on it ever since. I think the consistencies suit different babies - I think SMA is slightly thicker so it's better for Macy's reflux but I've heard a few people say it made their LO constipated. Also heard that Cow+Gate has made a few sick but not heard anything about Aptamil yet!!

Finally got my routine sorted, ended up using CC, was awful but it worked, glad the cyrings over now though! Macy now sleeps 7-7 ish, another nap from 9-10.30/11, 1ish-2.30ish and 5-5.30ish. She still seems a bit tired in between though - yawning and eye rubbing but I can distract her, should I be putting her down for naps earlier - it just seems like an awful lot of sleep for a 7month old!!

xx

we use SMA too - it was the cheapest but its gone up £9.35!! Though I think after a backlash Asda and Tesco have reduced it to £8.99 but still it was £7.60 before! I agree with the reflux Ava's acid reflux was sooo much better since going on SMA. Its really agreed with her and she's now on follow on SMA I'll defo use it for the next baby for sure!

some babies are just tired babies, Ava is 5 and a half months and has 3 naps a day 2-3hours each and she sleeps 10-11 hours a night straight through lol and she still yawns in between ha ha xx

we tried all the milks too - Aptamil was too light and it made her silent reflux bad, plus she had green explodapoops (same with Hipp too), C&G made her really sicky and she's not really a sicky baby just the occasional spit up. The new SMA formula is a bit thinner I think, the follow on is thinner than the first milk too for sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->